“Surprise ”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went to this pub-style place because it was close, was not expecting anything but the ordinary. And what a pleasant surprise! I had the house burger (pimiento cheese) with a side of slaw which I think was jicama and celery. It was soooo good! Now this place will be where I’ll go whenever I’m in north Charlotte.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We had lunch earlier today, and really enjoyed our meal. Fish and chips were perfectly prepared, hugh portions, excellent service and fair prices. Will go again, really enjoyed visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

This restaurant is in a shopping center area conveniently located just off I-77. The menu contains classics such as burgers, french dip and steak. There are interesting and uncommon dishes such as duck dumplings.
There is some outside seating, but the weather was not favorable for our visit. There is a bar and sports are played on the TV.

1  Thank SASshipmateS87
Reviewed 25 March 2018

7 PM on a Saturday night and we were seated immediately, which is no reflection on the fantastic quality of the food at Killingtons. I had the bacon-encrusted meatloaf which was mouth-wateringly (sic) good. My wife had the bayou pasta (blackened shrimp, chicken and andouille sausage) which was great though a little spicy for her. The hands-down winner was the mushroom ravioli--go out of your way to get this dish in was unbelievably good. We started with the pepper jack cheese and spinach dip which was above average as dips go (I am not a huge fan of appetizers so this is high praise). And now on to dessert the apple pie a la mode was pretty damn good (which is the ultimate review by me, the king of apple pie) and the brownie sundae is second to none. Donnie was our server, but service was a team effort with a little confusion but it worked pretty well. For 3 of us two beers consumed our bill came to $98 which was more than I expected but we will definitely be back. A quick note a co-worker had told me it was just a sports bar, which yes they have televisions with sports playing (Go Ramblers!) but this is a top notch restaurant with sports for viewing between courses.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Our family of five had a great experience. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They have two different kids menus with two different price points ... cool. The only con we had was the sticky table and it was difficult to find parking, which is why I am giving four stars. Give this place a try if you are like me and don't like eating at chain restaurants all the time.