“A puzzlement nicely resolved”
Review of Famous Toastery

Famous Toastery
Ranked #50 of 163 Restaurants in Huntersville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found restaurant reviews interesting online and the menu even more so. Husband’s breakfast of French toast , bacon and eggs was really good and his OJ was fresh squeezed. I ordered the corned beef hash cooked very crisp,with two eggs over easy, dark toast and coffee. I got: barely warm hash, eggs over med/hard, light toast and the spoon in my coffee had old dried egg yolk on it. Just an all around fail! Our server was very sweet and the manager came over who was also nice and very professional. She even took the under cooked hash back to show whomever was on the grill. I offered to pay for the eggs and toast that I ate but our check only had my husband’s meal charged. It really benefits everyone involved when no takes great offense over a meal out. Yes I would go back.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We made our first trip to this location on Sunday. We sat outside. We had a friendly waitress who provided good service. The eggs were great. The French toast was good. I ordered sausage but received bacon. No problem. One can never go wrong with bacon. It was a good meal with good service. We will be back.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Sunday morning chaos not breakfast.

My son and I decided to try Toast although we usually eat at the local place down the street (much better!!).

We were seated next to the wait staff stand. Our table was filthy when we sat down. I wiped it off as it took awhile for someone to come over and help us.

I ordered French toast with bacon, Earl Grey tea and my son ordered pancakes. When they brought my order it was wrong. The kitchen runner took it back and brought out the correct meal in a few minutes. I had to flag down someone for butter. When they brought it to the table it was frozen solid. I flagged down someone else to find out if they had edible butter and was told that the health department made them keep it that way. Really? No other restaurants serve frozen butter.

From the time we placed our order to the time we left, we never saw our server again. Not to offer a refill for coffee, water to offer a box for our food or anything. She was terrible. Worst breakfast service I have ever had.

The food was marginal at best. If you want GREAT breakfast food and AWESOME service go to Cafe 100 right down the street.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Great breakfast ham! Good service. First time visit, won't be my last.
Lack of hash browns makes it a 4 instead of a 5.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We finally gave this place a try and it was decent but IMO overpriced. There were 2 of us and we ordered a bowl of grits, french toast w/ turkey bacon, an english muffin and an order of wheat toast (which is only one slice of toast, halved) and it was $21. We needed to be in and out fast and the service was quick so that was a plus.