“Good Dinner”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Next Door to Highlands Inn, Across Street from Old Edwards Inn
Description: Thirty years in Highlands
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Bryon our server was the best! Knowledgeable on the menu and wine. Extremely polished and professional. My husband ordered the halibut stuffed with crab meat which frankly was a little dry. My veal was excellent. The Caprese salad was to die for...one o the best I've had. They do have an impressive wine list by the bottle and several very good ones by the glass.

1  Thank ColleenH1553
Write a ReviewReviews (1 074)

56 - 60 of 1 074 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This restaurant was delicious. We've been lucky enough to dine at some of the world's best restaurants and this was easily some of the best Italian we've ever had. We loved it and will definitely go again and again and again.

1  Thank Abbe M
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This is the NUMBER ONE place to go in Highlands. I’m saying the food is delicious, over the top and extensive choices in both food and wine. Cocktails are perfectly concocted and you have a wide choice of alcohol, and more to the point, you get an EXPERIENCE by coming to this restaurant. Maggie (who seemed to be running the place) told us she lives upstairs and lovingly referred to the restaurant Paoletti’s as her “living room”. Our server was Kenny and from start to finish, he was attentive, caring and explained the extensive menu in a way that gave us the information needed without making us feel like fools. My husband got the epicurean trio (I think that is spelled right) and WOW - a taste of their filet, lamb and a stuffed lobster filled with sweet crab and stuffing. He says it is he best food he has had in ten years and maybe I should be offended because I cook for him most of he time, but I can’t be because it’s the truth. I cannot say enough good things about the food. Our wine expert, Juno, was knowledgeable and ended up picking the perfect bottle of wine for us; understanding our cost preferences while still listening to what we like in a tasty red. From start to finish,every staff member that we encountered was amazing and friendly, seemed genuinely interested in us as humans and not just as a number in the business. Service A++, Food A++ and wine selection combined with knowledge A++. Don’t make the mistake and leave this out on your visit to Highlands. I would agree with some reviews that recommend making a reservation, because the place is bustling, but with the inguinuity of sound barriers on the ceiling and thick carpeting, you can still hear the people at your table and communicate without feeling like you are in a loud establishment.

1  Thank jcarter111978
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Reservations are required. Fortunately we made one at least a month in advance and we were seated very promptly. I am a big fan of duck confit and they serve one that was terrific. My wife had eggplant lasagna and she thought it was great. I had the veal parmigiano. The veal was nicely done and the red sauce was fine but I didn’t care for the mozzarella cheese on top of the veal. In fairness, this was mentioned on the menu. The major concern we had was when our waitress cleaned off our table with a crumb cleaner, dropped the cleaner on the floor, glanced at us, and then picked it up and continued to clean our table, leaving dark hair debris from the floor on our white tablecloth. Yikes, not what we expected at this otherwise fine restaurant!

Arthur P, Owner at Ristorante Paoletti, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Sir/Madame
We regret the servers poor execution of an integral part of fine dining service in crumbing the table. The ill advised knee-jerk reaction on the part of the server was anything but the way we'd expect one to deal with a simple mistake. We will take appropriate action to assure this kind of lapse in judgement does not happen again. We are sorry for your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
-Arthur Paoletti

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Although good, it does not equal the best of other resorts and communities. Food was fresh and well prepared. The drinks were watered down and sparse.