See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We booked at the Red Lion because it was close to High Point University where our daughter will be going to school and it was move-in weekend. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was from the moment I arrived in the garage. The elevator was filthy and I actually didn't feel safe in the garage. However, the woman working the front desk on the third shift (midnight) upon my arrival was very nice. Sadly everything went down hill after that. When I got to my room the door didn't work properly (didn't lock or open properly). Shower had hair in it. There was no holder for the toilet paper. Toilet seat was loose. Air conditioning didn't work properly. Fan setting said high but air flow was the same as low setting. Temperature said 60 degrees but felt like 75. Vent was filthy. Next morning requested help with the door and the air conditioning. Went to front desk to request maintenance. She seemed to be half-heartedly interested. Maintenance guy Paul fixed the door, which lasted about two openings.... Didn't fix a/c and he didn't seem to be knowledgeable about it anyway. Nice man though. Tried to eat breakfast on Saturday morning the 18th but restaurant was very slow. Apparently short-staffed but waitress(es) moved extremely slow. Hostess was very kind and helpful but we ended up not staying. Requested late check-out on Sunday which was apparently noted, but I was locked out of my room. Front desk told me it was an automatic lock. Never heard of such a thing. Obviously my keys were somehow turned "off." Hotel seemed to be understaffed and not properly trained. Such a great location, but it's very sad how the hotel is so neglected. However, adding insult to injury is the fact that you have to pay $6 a day for parking!

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Karen P
Amoy L, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel High Point, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Karen,

Thank you for your feedback, we understand your frustration and we apologize for the concerns that you expressed regarding your stay. Please know that we hear you and we are working on them. We have plans in place to fix these issue, and we hope to see you again where we can exceed the expectations that you had. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We checked in to move our son into college. The room smelled like mold/mildew, hair in the shower and corners of the bathroom, they didn’t vacuum our room or the hallway, the carpets were filthy. The people around said their room smelled also. I got the impression that this is just the way this hotel is so we didn’t bother to alert the hotel staff. We booked through orbitz and prepaid but checked out after the first night. I couldn’t do it again. Didn’t even bother asking for a refund for the second night... it was worth it to not have to stay there again.

3  Thank 1Travelfan

Thank you for your feedback, we understand your frustration and we apologize for the concerns that you expressed regarding your stay. Please know that we hear you and we are working on them. We have plans in place to fix these issues. We hope to see you again where we can exceed the expectations that you had. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

You get what you pay for! Could be better, could be worse... it’s old and impossible to find on a map (they recently changed names from the Radisson. parking lot is tough if you have a big car. But, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location if your visiting High Point University.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

It’s obvious why Raddison was dumping this hotel out of their inventory. I have stayed here several times by paying a really cheap price on Priceline. So for Priceline price it’s worth the value, but if I paid normal price I’d be hacked... 3 of the 5 times the air never cools down. We like it for its location, it’s staff but the hotel itself isn’t an enjoyable stay. Room is hot. Bed was comfy, but when it’s so hot in the room you can’t get under the covers, it’s time to make a change. We love it for the location to the campus but think next time we are staying near the airport. If they could get the facility to the standard of their staff, it would be 5 stars.

Stayed: August 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Our room was clean and plenty spacious. In room bathroom was also clean. Check in and check out was quick and pleasant. The elevator in the attached parking garage did not feel safe and was quite dirty. We did have a problem with our key card not working. On the third trip down to get it fixed, the receptionist sent a maintenance man to meet us at our room. His master pass key card did not work either.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Amoy L, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel High Point, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are happy that even thing went well. As it pertain to the garage, this will be bought to the attention of the garage attendants so that this can be taken care of. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will be replacing the locks on the door for this as this room, we apologize that you had these issues. Please know that we are aware of your concerns and are actively working on them.

We appreciate your business and your understanding and we hope to sever you again soon.