All reviews outdoor pool fridge and microwave interstate jamie motel
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We broke down on the highway late at night and had to pull off at this exit. This hotel was our only choice until a tow truck could come get our truck the next morning. The desk clerk was asleep in the closet and barely woke up to book a room. He could hardly form complete sentences. There were only two doubles available. One bed had a dead bed bug in it. The other had a blood stain on the sheet. The bathroom linens had black hairs stuck in the fibers. I reached out to Choice Hotels and sent them the pictures and their "resolution" was to give me 2000 points towards a future stay (it's 6000 to stay for free). I will NEVER stay at Choice again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank sharonecrook
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Giving This place a big NEGITIVE 10. This place is pure NASTY. Walked in the room to no light bulbs 8n any lamp. Heat did not work. Toliot paper holder broken. We sat on the bed and it fell to one side. I went to complain the guy looked at me and said" it should not have done that. Room 2 same thing except the bed was not broke. Then around 6pm we here a loud dripping. We find water dripping from the ceiling (Yes ceiling). The lady at front then said "how is it coming from the ceiling?" PLAYING DUMB!!!! Breakfast.... No plates for waffle. Said we would have to use the bowls. Hard bagels no cream cheese. Talked to other staying there. Same response as me. This place is a JOKE!!!!! They say they are remodeling. The only thing nice about the place is the lobby so the employees will have a nice place to lounge around in. Please look else where

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We were staying here for a soccer tournament. I should have heeded the red flags when I made the reservations. Upon arrival, no one was at the front desk. Waited 15 minutes for someone to show up. Weird smell as soon as I walked in. It burned my nostrils. We were tired after a long day in the field or I would have left. The room smelled , there was an extension cord across the room that plugged the TV, mini fridge, or microwave, the satellite box and a lamp into the same outlet. Fire hazard. The faucet in the shower didn’t work properly. The shower curtain was falling. The TV didn’t work and the air conditioner blew freezing air all night no matter how we adjusted it. After we changed to go to dinner , we arrived in the lobby to some strange acting people. My son was frightened. Again I should have left. Returned to same strange people in lobby. We quickly went to our room where I dead bolted, and locked the door. As I turned the dead bolt I noticed the door was missing the peep hole. It had toilet tissue stuck in the hole. We pushed a chair in front of the door and barricaded ourselves in, hoping it would be a safe and peaceful night. I was up early the next morning to get us out of there and on to the field. I arrived at the front desk to check out to be told by a lady waiting in front of me that she had been waiting 15 minutes on someone to check her out. She called the hotel phone and asked someone to come to the front desk. The owner, I’m assuming, was VERY rude to her and then me. He told us there was no need to call him. The lady all but sprinted to her car in her haste to leave. I had to ask for my receipt. I don’t know about breakfast or any other “amenities” as we weren’t going to chance it. I will next be writing NCYSA to have them remove this “motel” from their list of recommendations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is the most disgusting, filthy dirty hotel I have ever stayed in. I would not want to eat the free breakfast for fear of contamination. The AC had mould from 1962, the floor has never been vacuumed, there are dead bugs everywhere including the dining room. If I were you, I would take away the hotels franchise license. If I could I would sleep in garbage bag, I have concerns over weather the sheets have ever been washed. I called choice hotels to tell them about this property and the told me they had no record of it, the clearly choice hotels is as screwed up as this place. If you are coming to High Point Market, stay in Greensboro and drive into High Point, avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: stay away, it is filthy dirty and disgusting
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Pulled up to property and first thing I see is broken and missing windows in upper floors. Then noticed trash and debris in parking lot. Check-in was uneventful. Stairs were closed and blocked with building material. Definite violation and fire hazard! No handle for shower; toilet seat broken and on floor, unable to close bathroom pocket door-jammed or off the track. When I reported it in the morning - no comment or apology - just "Have a nice day". Sent a follow-up email to Manager - no acknowlegment or response. Definitely not on my list as a place to stay. Avoid it at all costs. Oh, by the way I forgot - it is next door to a working cement plant.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family