See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017

It looks OK in the photo but wait until you step inside! Our room was filthy. It was supposed to have been a non-smoking room. It was so smoky in the room, my daughter who is asthmatic had to go out to the car. One of the bedspreads had a big stain on it, the curtains were filthy and had cigarette holes burned in them. The bathroom counter had cigarette burns all over, and the desk chair had some kind of white, mucous stain dried on it. we didn't even dare to sit down.. The carpets had many variety of stains throughout the room. It was literally disgusting. We got on-line and booked a room at a hotel in Greensboro. We lost a little money on it (the fee for booking it through Expedia) but got most of our money back. The office staff was helpful in this regard and apologetic about the non-smoking room being so bad. We were there to bring our daughter to High Point University and luckily were able to find a hotel in the area that had some rooms left. We would have slept in the car rather than sleep there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2016

There are so many odd things about this hotel. We were taking my daughter to HPU and I booked this online having no knowledge of the area. I hoped for something closer to the school, but I'd waited too long to book and the 2 reviews for the property were good so I took a chance. First, let me say that the people who run it (the owners. I believe) were extremely nice. They did try very hard to be friendly and accomodating. Unfortunately, that was the best thing about the hotel. The office is not in the building. You do need a key to get in, but with no desk at all and no hotel employees present, it does not feel very secure. We were on the first floor and we stayed 3 nights. Every day when I checked the windows, they were unlocked. That made me very uncomfortable and I should have reported it to the office, but I would have had to stop at another building and I just didn't. There is an abandoned and boarded up building right in front of the hotel and the area appears to a less than affluent section of High Point. The room weas a bit on the run-down side. Burn marks that they were unable to remove from the bathroom vanity, running toilet, faded bed linens, dust and debris in the corners. The wifi was inconsistent, as well. As I said..I woudn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Hidden behind a burned out hotel, no front desk, had to walk to some remote house to office to check in. After walking uphill to hotel, the entire hotel smells like artificial flowers, towel bar fell off the wall in bathroom, cable tv didn't work, tv remote only changed the channels-won't turn tv on or off (manual button under TV only). No wonder it was so inexpensive. Clearly you get what you pay for...now I know! Actually thought this is where we had stayed last time I brought my son down to school. BIG MISTAKE. Never again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Halfway stopover on a road trip. Arrived late, left early. Perfect for this or perhaps a short business trip. Room was spacious, very clean and fresh. Bed pretty good. Inexpensive. Front desk staff friendly. Free parking. Felt safe. Right off the Interstate.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Hotel was accommodating when I changed my reservation from two rooms to one. Hotel was a little eerie in that the check-in was in a separate building from the hotel itself. Therefore there was no staff in the building. That said, there were no issues with our stay. Good beds, clean room, good bathroom, no issues. Breakfast not included but we knew that as well.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family