All reviews glass of wine furniture shopping main street boutique hotel on site restaurant the main house high ceilings intimate bar eggs made to order high point university chain hotels guest rooms large tub fresh fruit breakfast was included street noise visit family
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Found about this place on Trip Advisor! We spent 4 nights here while my daughter attended a lacrosse camp at High Point University. I just can’t say how much we loved it here. Our room was beautiful, spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff here is so attentive and welcoming. We really felt taken care of. Breakfast was excellent. Lots of selection and freshly made. Loved my glass of wine in the lounge from Jay the bartender before bed! They suggested a driving company and we had Brock and Sherry (Gold Transportation) transport us to and from the university. They were so wonderful and accommodating.
We were there from Alberta Canada and were amazed at how warm and friendly the people at the Inn and all around High Point University were. Can’t wait to visit again and would highly recommend JH Adams Inn!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Derek C, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for the kind review! We sincerely appreciate you staying with us! It is so wonderful to hear that our guests enjoy everything our facility has to offer. We hope to see you on another visit!! Warm Regards!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I like this place, it’s a laid back environment and everybody there is very nice and it’s just a cool place to go visit. I really like the lobby I think it’s a nice place to go and relax, the rooms are also very nice

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Derek C, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for the sweet review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We love hearing that you were pleased with the staff and facility. We like that it is a nice historic place with kind people and does not feel stuffy but just comfortable in a picturesque atmosphere. Come and visit us anytime you can!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed for two nights this past weekend and it was wonderful. We had the Lexington Suite and loved it. There was a wedding reception Saturday night and we had so much fun sitting out on the porch talking to the attendees of the party. Would definitely stay here again. BTW, they were cheaper than the Marriott and the Embassy Suites :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Derek C, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review! We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and are so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself! So glad you enjoyed one of our historic rooms as well as socializing on the porch (one of my personal favorite places on the property). We hope to have you back again in the future! Warm Regards :)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I was asked to do a presentation at High Point University, and instead of staying at the usual chain hotel, a reservation was made for me at the J.H. Adams. I'll be honest--I wish I could have stayed there longer -- I was sorry I only had a one night stay, that's how nice it was!

I love old, restored hotels and this one was lovely and had so much character. My room was comfortable and spacious, with plenty of outlets, a large four-poster bed, a refrigerator and coffee maker, and a balcony that overlooked the courtyard. There is also wine in your room for a fee, but one bottled water in your fridge is complementary, which was nice. The bathroom is also large with nice toiletries. All guests are offered a free drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic, your choice) at the bar -- AND breakfast is included.

Quite a yummy breakfast, too--much better than the chains. Buttery grits, crispy home fries (not greasy at all), crisp bacon, sausage, and eggs made to order. There was also the usual assortment of cereals, yogurt, toast, juice, etc. And, of course, delicious coffee.

The staff was friendly and courteous. I felt welcome and valued as a customer.

Two things to note if you are comparing it to the usual "chains"--there's no pool (not that I wanted one but this is the south and it gets hot in the summer); if you're traveling with your family and they want/expect a pool, this isn't your place. Also, the fitness room downstairs is very small. There are only three machines (an elliptical, a stationary bike, and a treadmill) and the elliptical wasn't working correctly. There were free weights, if that's your thing. My room was big enough that I was able to do a yoga workout in the morning, but if you are the kind of business traveler who depends on having a full fitness room available, just be aware that this one is quite small. (I don't know how many people generally use it in the morning.)

I really enjoyed the J H Adams and would definitely stay here again if I ever come to High Point in the future. I was so happy that this was the hotel chosen for me on this trip!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Wow, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our unique inn. We hope that we are seen as a nice change from the chain hotels and offer great amenities at a reasonable price. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated. We hope you can come back again in the future!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

One night stay at this Inn. We arrived later than expected and were greeted warmly. We were offered a glass of wine and enjoyed the rest of the evening in the beautiful outdoor space. We stayed in the Drexel room. No elevator to the second story in the main Inn. The room was nicely appointed and the bathroom was massive. We enjoyed a nice breakfast buffet the next morning. Overall a short but excellent stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Derek C, Manager at J.H. Adams Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our inn. So glad you were able to enjoy your short but sweet stay. We hope to have you for a longer visit in the future so you can really live it up!