“Lunch in the 50’s”

Mikes On Main St
Ranked #23 of 207 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick lunch on a Wed. The fountain counter and restaurant have a 50’s ambiance Even the waiters and waitresses were dressed in the 50’s attire. Lots of antiques in glass covered cases.

I had a melted tuna and my husband had a Reuben. Loved them both

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Neat soda shop that takes me back to my youth in the 50s, but the nostalgia stops there. The hot dog and soda I had were nothing like authentic; nor very good. A "side of slaw" was served as about a teaspoon full of cabbage on the dog. The soda came in an ice tea glass with tasteless ice cream and flat soda (we asked for two straws and two spoons - I had to go searching for the second spoon and straw). The very common dog was $2.50, but the teaspoon of slaw was 75 cents, a dry veggie burger was $7.75, and that glass of tasteless ice cream, a squirt of chocolate syrup and a splash of soda in a tea glass was $5.25. The server took our order and the next time we saw him was when he dropped the check by. This could be a neat place. In fact, when we had a soda here a couple of years ago, it was so much better. I hate what's happened to Mikes, or maybe we just caught them at their worst today.

1  Thank PGinNC
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Had a chocolate milkshake for breakfast. Score 10/10. Service super friendly. Cool decor olde soda shop

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Food was good with good prices. Interesting nostalgic decor. We ate there twice during our 3 day weekend.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This was our first visit and loved the food and the atmosphere. The waitstaff was very good with the service of the customers. They also had a great sense of humor. The food was great and so very filling. Made for a great start for the day. Loved the quaint way of the decorations to the building.