“Best relaxing getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Bunkbeds in master bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bunkbeds in master bedroom.
A full kitchen including full size refridgerator, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave
A spacious bathroom with a tall shower.
Your basic essentials included.
Cozy dining nook
Washer & Dryer in the apartment. Detergent, too.
Take at least one night to enjoy a some s'mores or a meal on the wood burning grill.
Take at least one evening to enjoy a some s'mores or a meal on the wood burning grill under the star
Follow the sign on the mailbox up the road. Your vacation awaits you.
Forage for wild edibles. This one is a morel mushroom.
Raft class 3 &4 rapids down the Nolichucky River with one of the local outfitters like USA RAFT.
Our dogs do a great job of securing the property. They may bark and follow you up upon arrival. :)
The apartment rental is on the first floor of a two story working farmhouse.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Arlene K
“Best relaxing getaway”
Reviewed 11 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Mom of 3 and husband recently home from deployment. This getaway was perfect for everyone, from the tour around her yard trying all the things growing. Kids got to pick their own eggs hoping they will hatch before they break them. Even experiencing other towns trying amazing pizza, that was recommended. This was such an amazing getaway we plan to definitely be back.

Soniaandb...
“Best vacations”
Reviewed 26 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Awesome place a great city getaway owers are lovely and the house has everything you need if you are a dog owner they will have bolws for your dogs to eat incase you forget yours also leashes for your pets.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing, serine, and peaceful pet friendly sanctuary in the mountains.”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The home was beautiful and relaxing! They were so hospitable, they even messaged and checked on me once because it rained while I was there and I was kinda stuck inside. Even with the rain, the stay was superb! They thought of everything! They had fresh fruit, towels, coffee, and so many items from their organic farm, including jewelry that they made. I bought sauerkraut, bracelets, and soap. I brought my dog Matilda and she Loved it! We are going to come back when the weather gets a little warmer so we can explore outside a little more!

Your age range 35-49
Brujotain...
“A great place to be away from the rural community and be in contact with nature.”
Reviewed 10 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Awesome place. The hostess are great and the hospitality unbelievable. Love to learn about organic food. Wonderful experience for me and my whole family.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jusally1
Oakland, California
“Dream vacation in the woods”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed 6 days at Poplar Creek Farm mid-august and I don't know if my word can relate how good of a time we had.

First the location, we loved that you are tucked away in the woods, far from any noise but yet you can get to a fairly nice town for groceries in 25min. You are very close to the river if you like tubbing, rafting or fishing also great hikes on the Appalachian trail not far away. The surroundings of the house are a dream to us. We live in a big city with lots of traffic and noises and waking up at Poplar creek is so peaceful and quiet, it really make you feel on vacation. We slept in the king room, it was very comfortable and the view from the big window is perfect! We really enjoyed the open lay out of the house, the kitchen had all the utensils I need it to fix us dinner. The real plus to me was that I could buy fresh organic veggies on site, everything was delicious! It was great to sit outside by the fire pit to enjoy some s'mores and to have look out shooting stars contest ( by the way I won). If you don't feel like driving you'll find chill hike around the house, we went mushroom picking and found a couple porccinis! Everything was super clean in and out.

Now the host, Michelle and her family are such great people. They greeted us with some peaches from the backyard tree and gave us a tour of the farm. It was amazing to see the bees working on their hive! She also made us try some greens and berries from the yard during our tour, so good! They gave us all the privacy we needed but made sure we understood that if we needed anything they'll be here for us. We enjoyed watching the farm life goes, Michelle and her son working on the garden, the chickens, ducks, dog and cat all sharing the same place in harmony.

I would recommend Poplar Creek farm for anyone who's looking for a quality, clean, relaxing vacation rental!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: farm to table food
Liked least: having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing