“Nice pub”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Nice local pub affiliated with the brewery down the street. Eating at the bar is best, a lot more noise in the dining room. Food is good, not expensive and plenty of beer choices.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I can't think of anything on their menu that has ever disappointed me or my wife, I have found the brisket to be as good as I had anywhere in the Raleigh area. Aviator has expanded it's line so that about any beer craving can be extinguished. I do like the Devil's Trampling ground and Crackpot Kick for two

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Good but not excellent.

- pulled pork was good, but nothing special
- wings are a good size and cooked well
- Mac and cheese is boring and not flavorful
- baked beans have good spice and sweetness

The beer options of course are interesting.

Service was a little slow., although friendly.

There are a LOT of little kids so I’d say this is the family spot of the Aviator empire.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We were very excited to try this place out. We have heard a lot of positive things about the Aviator, we love BBQ and we love beer. We went a little before 6pm on a Saturday. Place was busy but we didn't have to wait (which surprised us). It is a very loud place. Lots of interesting items on the wall. We ordered brisket sandwich, pulled pork sandwich and ham and cheese sandwich. The brisket was very dry and the pulled port had no taste. Very disappointing. The service was at best OK (the woman seemed to be overwhelmed by her tables). Once she did the obligatory how is everything, we didn't see her again until check time. We have only been in the area about 5 months and like to try different places. I cannot say the Aviator was too hyped. Overall is just wasn't good, which was a major disappointment. We may try again, but there are a lot of other places we haven't tried. Why would I go back to one who disappointed?

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We did mot want to cook after travelling 500 plus miles so, the logical answer was to have dinner out...where? Oh let's see how about Aviator Smokehouse for smoked wings... YES and good beer.
We ordered the 18 wings and a side salad and their french fries to share. WOW the best!!! We had the wings with the Aviator sauce and these nice crispy wings (large I may add) were suculant, prepared perfectly with the smokiness just mouth watering when I think of it again. The Fries also nice and crispy to our delight, and the salad puts a nice touch to it, of course I cannot forget about the 3 bones beer also very delicious.
The service was outstanding and the setting just cozy and special, I would highly recomend this establishment if you like good food, good beer and a good atmosphere.