“Bucket List Item Checked Off”
Review of Equine Adventures

Equine Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Frisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding on the beach. Ride through the Buxton Maritime forest out to the pristine beaches of Hatteras Island. We offer 2 hour guided horse tours daily. Reservations are required and are available online as well as by phone.Open year round. Join us for a ride and see the island from a different perspective. All levels of riders accommodated and appreciated.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our experience this past Tuesday morning with Equine Adventures was excellent. Hannah, Liz and Otto were very organized, very thorough and most hospitable. Liz and Otto could not of been more concerned about our well-being during the ride. They both were very cordial and a joy to be with. They both worked very hard to assure we were having an enjoyable experience. The time on the beach was most special and enjoyable. Taking time to photograph each group was greatly appreciated. We also had the thrill of congratulating a couple who became engaged during the ride. It was most special for me that my wife’s dream of riding on the beach was accomplished. Thank you so much!!

All reviews
"next year"
in 10 reviews
"the barn"
in 7 reviews
"ride horses on the beach"
in 4 reviews
"maritime forest"
"turtle nests"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful scenery, great staff, best horseback riding I’ve had, speaking as a novice. All levels of riders accomadated. Combines trail walking with gallops on the beautiful beaches of Frisco.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time horseback riding and I loved it! The guides Otto and Liz were attentive and friendly; kept us safe and entertained . They coupled each rider with the horse that fit our personality and made sure each of us were comfortable and understood how to handle the horse. I had Jack which was a great horse :)
The trail was also really nice and shaded so we stayed cool even though it was in the 80's that morning. And riding on the beach was fantastic!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My 11 year old daughter wanted to take this trip, having recently started riding lessons. Since neither my husband nor I felt we could ride for 2 hours, I checked and was told she could go without us. She smiled from the time we arrived until well after we picked her up. She was excited about riding through the woods, and was thrilled that she was allowed to both trot and canter on the beach! The guides were wonderful and took pictures for her with her phone. She will be back next year!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction