“Rest and relax”
other travellers have booked this property
This will become your fovorite spot!
Rustic exterior Large and spacious living area with wood burning fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Rustic exterior
Large and spacious living area with wood burning fireplace
Another view of the living are
Dining for six
Additional dining area
Master bedroom with kingsized bed and private bath
Bedroom #2 with queen bed
Bedroom #3 with twin beds
Large outdoor dining area
Long and winding private drive
Watch out for bears!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bhendrick...
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Rest and relax”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

The Nantahala cabin is great for getting away from everything, we are having an Awesome time, let me start with the cabin, first off the drive up the mountain was scary for me it was dark, and I mean dark, roads are very narrow and on one side is mountain the other side is drop off, but after going up and down a few times during the day, got use to it. Ok house sits at the very top, views are breath taking, extremely quite, the house is 3 story one being basement unfinished, main level is kitchen, dining, living room, master bed with bath, 1/2 bath with washer and dryer. Upstairs 2 bedrooms and full bath. Kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need and much more, there was even spices I assume left from other guest, plenty of trash bags, even zip lock bags, there was even laundry packets, the only thing I wish it had was a dishwasher. Plenty of room in living room and dining space for large group, love the fireplace at night, we roasted marshmallows and s'more every night. Master bedroom has king size bed lots of closet space and storage, bed is very comfy, I slept like a baby, and usually don't sleep well when away from home. Master bath very small, that I was disappointed about, but got over quickly. The outside wrap around porch is great for relaxing in the fresh mountain air, it's so quite, no traffic, only thing you might hear is a dog barking way off in the distance. Upstairs 2 very spacious bedroom 1 has queen size bed other has 2 twin beds, shared bath is larger.
One other draw back is only 1 tv, in living room, and when you have kids it is a must, but the wifi works great and she was able to stream TV. We had no issues with cell service, we have ATT and Verizon, the Verizon did keep going in and out when out driving. The house is fully furnished, plenty of bedding, towels, soap.

Best advise I can offer is get here during daylight.

If I had to complain about anything its trash service, if I'm paying a cleaning fee, why do I have to drive it to the dump, that should be included, I'm sure a cleaning crew will be in once I check out and clean up then why cant they not take to dump, I understand taking it down to basement to trash cans, but why should I have to drive 3 miles out of my way.
If you have any questions about the Nantahala ask away.

Management Response
6 Sep 2016
I agree you you completely about the Tv situation, it reminds me of when I was a child and we had one black and white TV in "the Florida room", 3 channels only, Ed Sullivan and Bonaza every Sunday evening. Somehow we survived, thrived and here we are, wanting more. I get it.

The trash thing is a local thing, we don't have trash pick up as yo may have in the city. We have actually had folks fish, clean fish, leave fish guts and heads in plastic bags and in the next day or two when the cleaning crew arrived, well, I need say no more.

I find it easy to take the trash and I live here year round, more of a rural mind set I guess.

We're glad everything else went well and hope you enjoyed the fresh angle of the views, every home is a "one off" for the views they present. Come back and try a view from another angle, you aren't nearly finished with the choices!
suzypeter...
Pierson, Florida
“Relaxation”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We could not if asked for any better on such a short notice. Everything you need is right there, just bring yourself, clothes and food. The weather was wonderful and we never used the air conditioning, so sleeping with the windows open felt great. We now have family that live about 8 miles away but I think we will still rent the cabin.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
FL
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing