“A great mistake”

Rizzo's Bakery and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Franklin
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Got off in Franklin looking for breakfast and found Rizzo’s - open at 8 am - mistake - they actually open at 11. But they were so sweet at 10 that they let us in and were so gracious even though they were trying to get out a big order. The apple turnover, cookies and cupcakes we bought were all fabulous. Thanks for turning our mistake into a blessing! If you get a chance give this lovely place a try. (BTW even the bathroom was elegant.)

1  Thank NancyJDurrett

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My husband and I dine out frequently. We had enjoyed a previous dinner at Rizzo's and looked forward to a similar experience. We made 7:30 pm Saturday night reservations.

We were seated at a small table in the front and ordered a bottle of wine, followed by appetizers. We were enjoying our evening, except that the hurried staff was sweeping up around the 3 tables of patrons who were also at various stages of their meals. At 8:10 we were told that the kitchen would be closing at 8:30 so we placed our order -- we were still enjoying our appetizers.

Our main courses arrived quickly but as we were still working on our appetizers the server placed our entrees on an empty table nearby and left them sitting there rather than returning them to the warmer in the kitchen. Naturally, when we were ready for our main courses, they were very cold.

While we were eating our cold meals, the servers were spraying cleansers on adjacent tables. We were offered to-go boxes, but no dessert of coffee. We expected that we wouldn't be offered coffee since we watched the staff dump it shortly after 8 pm, while there were still at least 8 diners.

Another group of 4 patrons arrived at 8:15 for coffee and dessert. They were treated very rudely by the staff. Since all but one cup of regular coffee had been dumped, they drank water with their dessert. No one even considered making a fresh pot!

Apparently, when the kitchen closes at 8:30, the staff gets to leave, so they rush paying customers through their meals.

We will not return to Rizzo's.

1  Thank Brenda T
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Quaint, small lunch/dinner/bakery; upscale, fabulous food at a very reasonable price. Excellent service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Do not miss this local favorite! You will not be disappointed! Friendly service, carefully prepared food and very reasonable pricing makes Rizzo's our family favorite for any occasion! They do carry out too if you want to dine along the Greenway!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Oh my goodness! My first visit to Rizzo's - as we were waiting to be seated we're standing by the pastries. Now I know I won't be able to eat all my lunch because I now want all different types of pastries along with a cup of coffee!

But lunch I did have - a tomato tart along with a fresh salad. Lunch was a joy to be shared with a dear friend at this charming local bistro. It felt like we were visiting a friend in her home in Europe. We weren't rushed, our waitress knew the menu, knew the dishes & was able to answer questions.

After lunch I did have dessert along with coffee. And picked out an item to take home. Excellent meal followed by scrumptious pastries. We don't live in Franklin, but will definitely plan to go back to Rizzo's the next time we visit. If you haven't made it in to Rizzo's, check their days their open & get in there!