“Disappointed ”

Huske Hardware House Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #22 of 577 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Huske Hardware House Restaurant and Brewery has been a historic, downtown icon for over a decade, but the building itself has had an even richer 110-year-old history and is part of the National Register of Historic Places. We are a veteran owned business and are locally operated. We have a working brewery onsite to brew our craft brews for in house and distribution through out North Carolina. Our menu is bound to have something to satisfy any palette. We offer wings, burgers, steaks and not to mention our fish and chips. We have daily/nightly food and drink specials and offer a DJ for entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm. We look forward to meeting and hope you enjoy an exceptional experience at Huske Hardware Restaurant and Brewery.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

When we arrived, the restaurant was pretty empty. Service was extremely slow and we appeared to be a burden to our waitress. She did not seem happy to be there and was in no rush. Appetizer came out with the meal. Food was nothing to write home about, baked potato topping was charged for everything but only had cheese and green onions. Homemade chips were not very flavorful. The table underneath wasn’t very clean. Maybe that is her normal way, but she seemed to have an attitude. Probably a better bar than restaurant.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to this place a few times - sometimes on very busy nights and others during the middle of the week when there weren’t many people around. The menu can be a bit disappointing depending on what you are hungry for, but also the way the way the food tastes can be hit or miss. I’m not sure what the problem is but sometimes it’s better than others. Also, even on nights when they are very busy the service can be really slow. I would say this is their biggest problem. This hasn’t kept me from going back, but it does make me wonder each time that I go and what to expect. It’s downtown in the heart of nightlife and away from the sleazy part of town. There can be quite a good vibe on some nights. I’d recommend trying it once if you’re new in town and want to explore a pub type of atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Good micro brew with a large menu.. It has a large dining area (upstairs). Food is great with above average service and average prices and of course the have their own in house brews.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Slow service, I was not impressed with food either a bit pricey; although my waiter was friendly he should of taken the initiative to clean the table before bringing my meal. I won't return to eat here but I did hear they have some good music during the evening; I didn't bother to stick around.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I have eaten at this restaurant several times, always because others I am with want to eat there, and each time I find the food to be equally disappointing. The food served at Huske Hardware House is not much above fast food quality but is priced mid-range. On my most recent visit I ordered a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. The burger was below average to average and the sweet potato fries lacked seasoning. The sweet potato fries were served with some type of honey dipping sauce which was extremely thick and sweet and not at all pleasant. This restaurant is known more for their brews and bar/nightclub scene than for their food, and it shows. The food here is BADLY suffering while all the emphasis is placed on running the establishment as a bar or nightclub. I highly recommend against dining here at all.