“Expecting more and recieved less..”

Review of 2 Much Fun

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kamflorid...
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Emerald Expectations FLOP with this rental home-it's not 2 much fun.”
Reviewed 29 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Where to start:
First day-arrived to the air not working on the top floor, a snake on the 3rd floor deck. That should have told us something.

After that they had us on speed dial for as many times as we had to call.

PLUMBING
2nd floor king suite bath tub not draining, hot tub jets do not work at all, 2nd floor toilet stopped up and 1 broken plunger, 1 too small.

POOL
Pool was great except not at all handicap friendly. ALL POOL FURNITURE is rotted or ripped-out of 6 lounge chairs, 5 were ripped through, back broken, only 1 was still standing and no one would sit on it due to fear of falling through. All material was rotted. The wooden furniture outside, all rotted-the seats were cracking and breaking-only 1 usable bench outside. When we called we were told " our hands are tied until the owners call us back". Upon the owners calling back, we were told they would be there in 2 weeks and would fix it then-only one question, how does that help us? 9 adults and one small bench that was usable-no where to lay out all week in the sun. Seriously? If the rental company and owners cared that people were paying 6k to rent this property, before taxes, they would give them outdoor furniture to use. We had one member of our party almost seriously hurt them self falling through a chair.

BIKES
Bikes-there is no 3-wheeler- they are infested with spiders. I called to get them cleaned out and pulled out, we were told there were no bikes however we had the key and were not about to walk in there.

ROACH INFESTATION
I had to call the rental company to get an exterminator out the next day as the first thing i saw when i got there was a roach in the drawer. We had roaches crawling on the ceiling, floor and 6 in the beach toy bag. I had contacted them prior to our stay informing them we had a child in our party that was very allergic to roaches and were told it would be taken care of.

CLEANING SERVICE
Needs to be fired. Cheerios all over the house, in the rugs, under tables, in bedrooms. Heard of a vacuum? The glass tabletop needs to be removed and the dining room table cleaned. The off-white chairs at the table are filthy.

ELECTRONICS
Out of 4 DVD players, 1 worked. Nice to have a media/theater room however the movie collection are all VHS tapes. Couldn't sit on the seating if you had any movement limitations as you could not get back up.

Overall the house is a nice layout, however, the rental company isn't doing the owner justice and keeping it up. We called about the mold/mildew, it needed to be power washed. One step going down into the water on the sound side was so slippery we had one of our party fall on it. The playground is a joke -see photos attached to review for true condition-the photos they display are very old-the playground is not usable-it's overgrown and unsafe inside no matter how many times they rental company tells you it's safe. The kitchen is a great layout however very under stocked- no large Tupperware, not enough pans for cooking when you plan on cooking for larger groups at the house. We made the best of it but this in no way is worth the money, maybe half. It's time to find a new rental company or for the owners to understand this is not emerald top notch service by any means.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: House layout.
Liked least: Everything above-pool furnishings not acceptable.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Farina Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Recommended for:
Rugged travelers
14 Jun 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at 2 Much Fun. I am sorry to hear of the maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay and I hope you were able to enjoy your time in Emerald Isle despite these things.

I do see where most of the maintenance issues which you mentioned were reported by you at check out and our maintenance department has remedied these things. I did forward your review to ensure no items were missed. I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response from our housekeeping department. This certainly isn't typical, nor the level of service for which we strive.

Thank you for your feedback. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation and we'll happily assist you - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 1 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

1 Jun 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at 2 Much Fun and for bringing these items to my attention. I am very sorry to hear of the maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay and I hope you were still able to enjoy your time on our beautiful island.

I have submitted a request to housekeeping to have the 2 Much Fun sprayed for the bugs you encountered. While most of our homes are treated regularly for this very thing, from time to time an additional treatment is required. Our Director of Maintenance did inspect the children's playhouse and deemed it to be safe. He did note that it is sitting on ground which isn't level and that can give one the impression that it is not sturdy. Also, we have scheduled a lawn service to take care of the weeds and such in this area. We would have happily scheduled this during your stay, had you let us know of this issue.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you'll revisit our island and allow Emerald isle Realty another opportunity to serve as your host. Please call us if we can assist in planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Niagara Falls
Reviewed 27 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
27 Mar 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at 2 Much Fun. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed a fantastic vacation at this home. I am sorry to hear of the issue you experienced with the grill, but we're happy to exchange that gas tank for you at our office so please let us know when something like this occurs. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing