“Great Week”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tim R
Rocky River, Ohio
“Great Week”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Very pleased with "By the Sea East" and Emerald Island Realty. The house itself was everything we needed, especially because of the two full baths. The kitchen was fine and all the appliances worked. We didn't find any cookie sheets (to make pizza) or measuring spoons, but pretty much anything else you'd need is somewhere in the cupboards.

Several of the days here were in the 90s, and we had some issue with the A/C where it just couldn't get the place lower than the 80s, which for us was difficult for sleeping. One call to the office and service was called out. The gentleman "added freon" and the results were nearly instant.

Beds were fine, pillows fine, and the place seemed to be updated in quite a few ways based on differences from other reviews I've read. We were given plenty of bath towels and the washer & dryer were great to have.

Beach access was awesome, and exactly what we wanted. The beach was never crowded, and the weather, for the most part, was great. Most of our meals out were from the Atlantic Beach/Beaufort area. We took a dinner cruise with "Crystal Coast Lady" tours and it was very enjoyable...highly recommended.

As some have said, the walls are thin, but it should be explained that this happens in the living areas - bedrooms are at the ends of each side of the house so very quiet, We could hear the neighbors at times when we were in the living room and kitchen area, but they were nice people and we had no issues whatsoever.

We rented 4 beach chairs and two umbrellas that were waiting for us when we got here...that was nice and worth it not to have to drag that with us.

Overall it was a great week. We did not expect luxury - but we wanted and expected was a clean, nice ocean-front beach house which is exactly what we got. The price for a week here was lower than most houses in the area that had the similar amenities.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach access
Liked least: distance from stores/restaurants
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Durham
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

spencerville oh
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

12 Jul 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very sorry to hear of the discomfort you experienced due to the hot water heater malfunctioning. I do see that we have adjusted the thermostat and believe this to have resolved the issue. I am very sorry that no one followed up with you to let you know what was being done or to give you a timeframe for expected completion. Thank you for your feedback so we can work to better serve you in the future. Please let us know when you're ready to plan your next Emerald Isle vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
tenn
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in August 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
28 Mar 2013
We were happy to have you and hope you will come back soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next trip to the Crystal Coast - 1-888-832-0140.
VA
Reviewed 15 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Check-in / front desk
15 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at By The Sea East. I'm very glad to know that you found the decor of the home to be appealing and the views and location excellent.

I am sorry to hear of the situation you experienced with the folks on the other side of this duplex. Please let us know of such things as we're happy to assist in handling such a situation so you aren't disturbed throughout your vacation. Also, our maintenance department would have gladly come out to take a look at the master bath plumbing situation. I have asked that they do this now.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle for your next family vacation. Please call us when you begin making plans - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing