“Excellent location, great layout, perfect for a...”

Review of Island Tides East

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
OhioClean...
Ohio
“Excellent location, great layout, perfect for a group of 6 or less”
Reviewed 13 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Island Tides East is a lovely oceanfront duplex! EXCELLENT location...just a few short steps to the ocean, with beautiful views from the lower deck & private deck off the master suite on the second floor. The layout is great, too, with an open floor plan in the main living area. The TV is in another living area off the main area & has doors that will close, which is nice. Bedrooms & baths are good size & in good condition. There were people staying on the other side of the duplex, and we never heard a sound. The only thing that kept us from giving this property a rating of "excellent" were some minor housekeeping issues. If you're a clean freak like me, then you'd notice the place is in need of a good deep-cleaning. There was nothing horrific...no bugs (except for a few spiders, which can't be helped) or anything. But the kitchen counter was sticky as were some areas on the floor. Lamp shades & headboards were very dusty. Carpeting could use a good shampooing, too. Again, some people may not even notice these things, but a clean freak would. I had to do some cleaning to be comfortable...especially the kitchen counter & headboard in master bedroom. Overall, though, a very nice property that we would stay at again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Jul 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Island Tides East. It pleases me to know that you found this property to fit your needs so perfectly and I agree, the location and views are excellent.

I am sorry to hear of the housekeeping issues you experienced and happily, we would have corrected these things for us had you let us know. I will notify housekeeping of the items which you mentioned so they can be addressed.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will revisit Emerald Isle again soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
MN
Reviewed 8 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Recommended for:
Older travelers
8 Dec 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Island Tides East. I'm so happy to hear that you found all you needed within this duplex. I agree, this property is light and bright - the perfect place to enjoy a beach vacation. Please call us when you're ready to plan your next trip to Emerald Isle - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 5 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
5 Oct 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Island Tides East. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed the wonderful views from the deck. I am sorry to hear that the property wasn't cleaned to your standards. Had you let us know, certainly, we would have sent housekeeping back to the property to clean more efficiently.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and choose Emerald Isle Realty to assist in your planning. We are making 2012 reservations so call us to book yours, 1-888-832-0140.
WV
Reviewed 25 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 45-54
Jacksonville FL
Reviewed 6 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
6 Jul 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Island Tides East and West. It pleases me to know that you have found your home away from home with this Oceanfront duplex.

I do apologize that the property wasn't clean when you arrived. I am happy that we were able to get someone out there quickly to remedy the situation for you and your family.

I have forwarded your review to the owner of this duplex and trust it will be better when you arrive in 2012. If you haven't already reserved your same time, same place for next year, please call us - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing