All reviews front desk recommend this hotel nice hotel the outer banks within walking distance in town rooms were very clean would definitely stay here again late check the hotel staff visit family free breakfast yogurt sausage staff was very friendly the general manager business trip
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Made the reservation on the phone while on the road. Israel made my reservation and then greeted us on arrival. He made check in easy and fun. Lovely room and hotel. Gave us excellent suggestion for dinner. We walked to dinner. We were tired from traveling but was able to use the lobby computer and printer to plan next day trip. Signed up for Marriott awards and got a goody bag. Comfy beds.....slept great. And then next morning all you could want from breakfast. The breakfast staff was wonderful. But was bummed because the ihop is walking distance!!! Don’t bother staying anywhere else in Elizabeth city. This has everything you need and a great price. And Elizabeth city is lovely down by the waterfront.

Room tip: We wanted ground floor and got it.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carlton S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Anita S,
We are so delighted to hear you had a great experience with us. Should your travels bring you to Elizabeth City again, we hope to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

The front desk manager named Shavonda Spivey-White and the hotel manager named Carlton Sessoms have both displayed a level of unprofessionalism in the area of customer service. Due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. Nor'Easter storm), I am unable to fulfill my reservations at this hotel. I contacted the hotel and left several messages, no response. I contacted Marriott's corporate office to assist me and filed a complaint. After 4 days, the front desk manager Shavonda contacted me to indicate that a refund nor a credit can be issued to me in lieu of the situation. I simply asked for a credit because the reservations are non-refundable, however it is not stated in the company's cancellation policy that the consumer cannot be entitled to a credit applied to the account! I'm so disappointed that neither manager was able or willing to assist me or try to be understanding of this situation. I will never make reservations and/or refer this hotel to any family or friends, please beware!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlton S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear deltagirl1897,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding this situation. We understand your frustration with this situation and apologize for any inconvenience. We hope we get the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed during homecoming week at this property as the place was nicely decorated. The staff made us feel welcome. The bed was a bit soft but not bad. The lack of plugs for charging was my only complaint.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carlton S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear rogersober,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

On our way to the Outer Banks, stayed over one night in Elizabeth City. Lovely place, super friendly and helpful staff. My favorite thing was the beds. Memory foam topped mattresses, probably the best I have slept on at a hotel. The A/C unit was super quiet (very happily surprised at that one). I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Carlton S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear waywardwinds,
We are so glad you had a great stay with us on your way to the Outer Banks. Should your travels bring you back this way, we hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel gives you exactly what you would expect from a Marriott. It was clean and comfortable with a very friendly staff. Don't forget to ask for extras if needed. We were given extras feather pillows, extras blankets, a shaving kit, and extra Paul Mitchell shampoo when we requested it. The staff made sure that we were comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlton S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Matt L,
We are so delighted to hear you received great customer service. We hope to see you again soon.