US$142
Aloft.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$147
US$237
US$169
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$138
US$176
All reviewscarolina theatrem clubthe concierge loungefront deskcorner roomvalet servicehotel is centrally locatedwalking distanceconference centerroom servicelobby barsouthern hospitalityearly checkchecking outone night stayduke universitylocation was perfect
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A consistent Marriott experience - convenient downtown location with easy access to restaurants, theaters. One downside is the lack of late night drink/dining alternative in the hotel, but again, there are excellent options nearby.

Stayed: February 2018
Christina O, Front Office Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

Thank you for providing this lovely feedback about your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of this hotel is perfect in downtown Durham. That is worth a lot to me, and made our stay very convenient. Other than that we were pretty disappointed. The rooms were very small with not very comfortable beds. We did a load of laundry there, but the dryer didn't work properly so we wound up with all of our clothes wet and mildew-y. The valet was very rude to us. Since it was the weekend, they told us to park on the street since it would be free. But there was no street parking for a few blocks.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback and I want to apologize for your experience being less than perfect. I will address your concerns with our management team so that we can better improve the experience at our hotel. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for business trip.

Solid hotel and pretty much standard Marriott hotel.

Located right downtown Durham and an easy walk to loads of bars and restaurants.

The lobby bar does close at 11pm for some reason? So getting after dinner drinks is a bit cumbersome. The desk clerk was more than helpful with some recommendations of other places to go.

Solid business hotel overall.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for your great feedback regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again here at the Durham Marriott City Center. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

On the surface this is a nice hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. It's only when I started to unpack and really use the room that I noticed some odd design choices. First off, there is only a half door for the closet. WTF? You can slide it to cover one side or the other, but never both. Bizarre. And I don't want my clothes on display. Also, there are two tiny drawers in the closet. That's it. Where am I supposed to put my clothes? Also, there are no drawers in either bedside table. Just open area. They clearly don't believe in privacy here. I don't want all of my things out in the open on full display. How about some privacy?! And then there's the bathroom door. It is opaque!! WTF? Why would you design a see-through bathroom door? My spouse and I tested it and you can indeed see each other on the john, taking a shower, etc. You may have an intimate relationship already, but who wants to be on display while going to the bathroom? Seriously WHY DID THEY DO THIS? It's trying hard to be sleek and modern, but it's uncomfortable and way too sparse. Could not spread out and work. Forget about any privacy for your things. Will not be staying here again. So weird. The best thing I can say about it is good location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank muffin2016
Christina O, Front Office Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Good Morning,

I want to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was less than perfect, but will ensure you that this information has been shared with the proper management team for review. Thank you again and have a great day.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is a very nice hotel. The location was perfect for our weekend activities. The front desk lady (Brittany) was exceptional! very friendly and very helpful with whatever was needed. The restaurant was good and accommodating for our group. Parking, well, that's another issue. There's none. a very small 20 car (maybe) lot across the street.

Here's my big issue. there's a vent in the shower and it has a hole in it. I brought this to the front desk as well as wrote Marriott about it. The response from the hotel Mgr was; this is a portable slot for hangars and we did not cover it up during renovations. Hmmm! See attached photos and you tell me. I've seen portable hangars and retractable clothes lines before but this didn't seem right. This seems a bit creepy. And for the Mgr to stand fast on their answer...... well. Let's be clear, I'm not accusing this hotel of any misconduct or anything improper but just want them to know. So, to you... buyer beware. because of that i cannot give them the excellent they would have received.

Room Tip: check the shower vent prior to completely unpacking!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Christina O, Front Office Manager at Durham Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your concerns have been addressed with our Management team and I want to apologize if it caused your stay to be less than perfect. Please let us know if you choose to stay with us again and we will ensure you have a good stay. Thank you.