“Gonza visit”

Gonza Tacos y Tequila
Reserve with OpenTable
Gonza Tacos y Tequila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 812 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Gonza with our daughter. Being from AZ we thought we were in for typical Mexican style food. We LOVED the food. Fresh and delicious. We had the fish tacos and chicken fajitas. All wonderful. The passion fruit margaritas are very smooth. Service was quick and friendly and I loved the atmosphere. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being from the Southwest, didn’t think I’d enjoy North Carolina Mexican food. Here are my thoughts. The salsa was basically just tomato—not much taste, could use some cilantro, jalapeño, garlic & salt. Habanero sauce the waitress suggested fixed that— added some spice & fire! The drinks were all pretty good—- again I’m spoiled with more ‘authentic’ Mexican food & drink, but the Pepino drink I ordered was refreshing— a bit sour & a bit sweet, enjoyed it! My Camarón tacos were delicious! Glad we tried Gonza—- will definitely return if ever in Durham again. Also, staff was GREAT! Will was friendly & helped me purchase a t-shirt! TERRIFIC ATMOSPHERE!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Escaped days of hotel food and training with friends tonight...for the best drinks (thx, Will), fish tacos, carnitas, fried plantains, spicey tequila-marys, and more. Great service and food...great find in Downtown Durham!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The dar excellent selection of libations. Mojitos were very tasty and I don't like them I love them now. The wonderful selection of items for all vegetarian, seafood beef chicken all items were a tastebud happy dance. It's a little noisy but worth it. There is even parking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are in Durham, you must eat in this restaurant, that has an interesting addition of Colombian dishes and sides to a traditional Mexican menu. The ingredients and the preparation reflect care and love to bring the best dishes to your table. Make sure to try the ceviche and the guava dessert. In terms of main courses, the Mexican and Colombian dishes are very good. The atmosphere and music are also very good. Don't miss it!!!1