“Excellent service, solid meal”

Pomodoro Italian Kitchen
Ranked #131 of 818 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stopped in here for lunch as we were heading through Durham. It happened to be right next to the gas station where we were filling up. It doesn't look like much, and the decor is a bit dated, but our server was excellent. He was attentive without being overbearing, and friendly, but not in a "I'm just looking for a good tip" kind of way. My son and I had the gnocchi with pesto alfredo, and my husband has the lasagne. Each of us had a salad. Our server made sure that we actually had time to eat our salads and have a little bit of time to digest before our entrees arrived. The portions were quite sizable and, while I can't say the food was the best I've ever had, all of us felt that it was quite tasty. I mean, food just needs to taste good, right? I don't need everything to be fancy; I just want to enjoy what I'm eating. The lettuce on the salad was fresh--no brown leaves--and the pesto sauce had a really nice flavor to it without being overpowering. So, the meal was definitely solid, but the service is what made this a lovely spot for our lunch stop.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My coworkers and I ate here twice during our stay. This was our second time in Durham, and we has to eat again!! Food is delicious and made fresh to order. Pasta and pizza...what more could you want!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here with a work partner and found it a nice choice for Italian food. Since arriving in Durham, I also had an excellent pizza delivered to the Courtyard next door. I’ll be back.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

There is nothing remarkable about this restaurant with exception of wait staff - they were attentive. The atmosphere is generic and dated. The food is not worth the money. Unless Durham is want for any level of quality Italian, I'm surprised the place has remained in business. You've been warned... LOL.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We had asked our server, Tori, to fix our rocking table. She said she had worked at Pomodoro Restaurant for five years. The wedge under the front table leg had been pushed away. She said this would be corrected. It was NOT! She returned with our drink orders quickly. She returned after we decided on our selections. We all enjoyed our meals except my friend who will order a salad next time. Jane H.