“Stamps”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a regular customer, and visit Lilly's at least 3 to 4 times a week. I spoke with an owner who informed me that I should be getting stamps. I also have my club members to patronize Lilly's. Nine months later, Justin the manager has not implemented this in the Durham location. He blows it off when asked, and puts the blame in the owner. Since speaking with the owner, over 40 pizzas have been ordered not including what is ordered by the club. Two free pizzas have been given, one due to use of old dough.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Awful, and that is being kind! We’ve been coming here for years. Tonight the wait was nearly 2 hours after ordering, with no crowds. Every dish was terrible. The waiter was dreadful and told us they had had a lot of turnover. Then they expected us to pay full price. We will not he back! There are too many great restaurants in Durham to go there again!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I am usually pretty verbose when it comes to things/places I like, but you won’t have to worry about that here.

Service and atmosphere:
On par - great. We’ve heard good things about Lilly’s, and the atmosphere didn’t disappoint. It felt just as it appeared - a laid back pizza shop. Our waiter was great - prompt and friendly, never letting glasses go empty and kept us in the loop on wait times and meal progress. The atmosphere seemed very laid back and family friendly - several families with kids were dining during our visit.

The food: sub-par, politely. It wasn’t the nastiest stuff I’d ever put in my mouth, but it was just “ehh.” “So-so.” Basically - nothing to write home about (or recommend). We ordered garlic knots ($5) and a 14 in. pepperoni pizza ($12 plain + $1.50 for the pepperoni). When I think “garlic knots,” the first things that come to mind are (obviously) garlic and butter. The knots came out soft in the middle/on bottom but hard, crunchy, and dry on top. In place of shiny melted butter and minced garlic was over baked, dry pizza dough and way too much sage. My wife and I agreed we didn’t taste any garlic in or on these so-called garlic knots. The pizza was a little better but again, not good enough to recommend. It was reminiscent of Chuck E. Cheese except I didn’t get to shoot a basketball into a moving goal and Chuck E. never burned my crust like Lilly’s. Additionally, Chuck E. Cheese’s pizza is a little less expensive, if I remember correctly.

BOTTOM LINE: Service and atmosphere I give 4 or 5. Food and value I give a 1/2. Overall, if I could, I’d give a 2.5 but Trip Advisor only ones by whole numbers. At the end of the day, we ARE talking about a restaurant, so food takes precedence, and that was the biggest let down.

2 of 5

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Bad service! Group of 8, with out of town family members. Started off having to move to a different table in a different room due to mix up with management, who wanted to "proposition" us with free cake. When they brought the cake out, they brought 3 pieces for 8 people. When asked about it, was told the cake was too expensive to have 8 slices. Our credit card was denied, not just 1 card but 8 different cards from 6 different households and management blamed us and caused a scene. While waiting on each of the cards to be run, the manager ran us off our table. Turns out it was a glitch in their machine. This was a huge embarrassment as family members and other patrons were gawking at us. Would never go back! Management was absolutely the worse.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I had never been here before but a friend of mine wanted to meet here for lunch. The menu is simple. Pizza with lots of sauce options, topping options and cheese options. There are also calzones, salads and other pasta . The lunch specials are 2 pieces of pizza with two toppings, 1 slice of pizza with a salad, or one salad with soup. All come with a soda. I had a slice of pizza with Artichoke cream sauce with barbecue chicken (which counts for two toppings ) plus a Caesar salad. The salad was a normal salad but the croutons were made of pizza dough, yummy. The pizza was very tasty and freshly made, also yummy. I know that there are other higher rated pizza places in town but this place was very very good and reasonably priced for lunch with the specials. I wouldn't mid returning here sometime!