“Best buttercream EVER....”
Review of Tullio's Bakery

Tullio's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Duck
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I ordered my daughters bday cake on the spur of a moment while in Duck on vacation. The cake was so miost and delicious but the crowning jewel was the buttercream icing!!!! It was the best buttercream I’ve ever had. Make sure you stop by Tullios while in Duck!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure what all the hype is about. We bought doughnuts, bagels, and cookies. The size of the bagels was huge, but overall just a bagel. The doughnuts were fine, but I wouldn't go back for them. The cookies were a big hit with our kids. The best thing was how super nice the people working there were.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family has a reunion of 40 people every summer in Duck. We have 9 birthdays on average to celebrate. My sister-in-law, Catherine, orders all the cakes and picks them up daily. Each cake is unbelievably scrumptious: strawberry shortcake drizzled in chocolate, peanut butter chocolate torte, key lime pie cheesecake, red velvet cake — to name a few. This year we even had a donut cake.
It wouldn’t be a Duck OBX vacation without a Trullio cake for dessert each day. The owners could not be nicer and more accommodating. Thank you Trullio’s for many years of pure dessert enjoyment! You are the best!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stop in each year for a visit. There stuff is amazing and the owners and workers are wonderful. We got my daughters birthday cake and it was cool and creative. Some reviews I read say there prices are high but there stuff is top quality and my dad always said you pay a little more for the best. Plus supporting small businesses is a great thing. Thank you for everything and we’ll be back next year....

1  Thank minermatt
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

First, the taste was great. We had cupcakes and they were delicious.

That said, for almost $4.50 each they should have been! We wanted birthday cupcakes for a 10 year old and this place was near our rental. We ordered at least a week in advance and requested BLUE icing. Another family member picked them up and so we couldn’t tell the bakery this at time of pick- up. While this is a small issue, at $50+ for a dozen it should have been perfect.

So, buy what they have but beware special ordering here.