“Lunch”

Joeys fine dining
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My friend and I had lunch here on Wednesday. We ordered salads which were great...the server was not very friendly and seem to rush us however we took our time and enjoyed our food. I had to ask for the dessert menu from the server. We ordered the key lime pie which was a very thick key lime vs the light type filing. It was really good and I would recommend it. The food is very good and I like the restaurant atmosphere however there was a baby close by who was very loud so the sound carried over the whole dining area.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Had a large group birthday party and Chris and Paige helped immensely with last minute reservations. Had a wonderful waitress cover our table on her own. Brandy, was GREAT!!! We had a perfect pizza type buffet with cheese pizzas, pepperoni pizzas and the deep dish Grandma's pizza was gone first. We definitely will be back. There was live music by John Sullivan also who draws a large crowd. Need to hear him if you can. Johnmichaelsullivanmusic.com.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

My first choice for Dinner after church on Sunday. Their special is chicken and waffles and it is the best.

Joeys also offers a variety of dishes and pizza. Salads are large enough for two meals and that’s what I sometimes order and end up taking 1/2 home for the next day.

There is a very nice private room for meetings and parties and they are very accommodating.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

In all fairness, maybe the kitchen was having a bad night. I started off with something basic, pizza Margherita. What intrigued me about this that is was made with San Marzano tomatoes. A true treat when in Italy. However, are they, were they, Italian DOP certified? American San Marzano are just tomatoes. No way of knowing. So, got pizza and one bite with lots of gravy (sauce) and a rubber texture to my crust. I spoke to Amy, the waitress, and she said they were having some "issues". She gladly returned it to the kitchen to have "Jorge" make me a new one. Apparently, Jorge is the man to go to for correct pizza crust.
The Manager (Chris?) came out, asked how it was and I told him much better. It had a decent texture but as it cooled, I peeled off the cheese, easy to do, and wondered where the gravy was? I was shocked to see the all white of crust and no sauce on it. Or very little. However, it did have a red smattering. All in all, decent taste. Oh, I ordered the pie Neapolitan style.
I only ate 2 slices from the pie, figuring I would take the rest home for Olympics the next day.
Still feeling hungry, or in the mood to try some of their "fine" dining, I ordered the bowl of French Onion Soup. Reading that it was classic style Which, in my experience means it may be a little "thicker" than you would normally get. Well, it lived up to that expectation. It was thick like glue. The taste was like putting a sweet tart in my mouth. WOW, what a MAJOR disappointment that was. Did they use wrong onions, not enough salt, not enough stock? Who knows.
Additionally, when the soup came out, it had a nice white appearance. (see pic) IT IS NOT SUPPOSED to look like this. Do you have food expeditors? Chef Manager? Train the staff on what food SHOULD look like? What are the ingredients?
So, I sent it back. The waitress I think at this point was ready to shoot me. But, end of night, long day,rainy, who knows what. So, she took it back, and brought it out from the kitchen gratinated correctly this time. (see pic).
All in all. Doubtful I would go back unless I stuck with "bar" food. That surely can be done to a non-exacting standard.
There are lots of TV's, and they had a duo (M/F) playing that were enjoyable. The bar crowd all seemed to know one another, so as a watering spot,it may be a good spot if in the area.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I would have given a 5 as the food was unique and excellent. Kids and adults both loved the apps and their entrees. However our waitress seemed to be too busy to give us even adequate service. We ordered apps and when they came out we had no silverwear. Another server had to fetch it for us. We were completely done with our apps and she still hadn't taken our order. No apologies when she finally got around to it...just kept asking are you ready to order? Of course we are we stacked the menus at the end of our table as a hint. She didn't bother to take our empty app plates either. So they just sat there until we asked to have them removed by another server. As I said food was excellent, so were the other servers who picked up her slack...polite and apologetic. We will definitely be back but hopefully get a different server.

Been to Joeys fine dining? Share your experiences!