US$84
US$160
US$150
US$134
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$185
US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$63
US$223
US$201
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
SleepInn
Continental Inn(Charlotte)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$63
All reviewsdouble treefront deskcharlotte airportwarm cookiesupon checkthe room was niceone night staybusiness tripbed was comfortableshuttle serviceparking lotstaff was friendlycltconferenceairline
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing accommodations, quick and fast check-in process. The staff was very friendly and polite. The rooms were nice and clean, plenty of towels and soaps for our large family. There were no issues with noise at all, just a good nice hotel that I would use again when coming back to Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was stranded at CLT due to airline troubles, and I found all services at this hotel very welcoming, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in Charlotte. The warm cookie was great, even at 2:00AM :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018

If you need a quiet and clean eating experience go somewhere else. My 3rd floor room that faced the pool was loud for three reasons. The first reason was the below-the-window mounted AC unit was very loud when it ran. The second noise issue was from the pool. People were out by the pool both nights making noise till 11.The third noise issue was from aircraft. I know this is an airport hotel but I expected there to be more insulation/thicker windows. I'm a "needs noise to sleep" kind of person and this hotel was too much for me.

The cleanliness at breakfast caused me not to eat there. I sat down at a table to what appeared to be an already used coffee mug was in front of me. The server picked up the glass to fill and I told her I think it was someone else, which they responded with that it was a new cup. The cup had stains on the outside and what looked like caked grounds near the lip. I went to the buffet next to find the top plate on the stack of plates with a large amount of yellow egg residue still on them. From there I walked out. I didn't want to image what food prep looks like at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear theblondeandtheblue,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your comments regarding our property. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to quietness and cleanliness. I certainly can appreciate your frustration with noise as we all want to experience a good night's rest. I do apologize that the pool area was noisy until 11PM. We typically close the pool at 10PM and it is clear that is was not monitored as it should have been.

I also want to apologize for the dirty dishes and response you received from our breakfast team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please rest assured that we have addressed this issue.

Thanks again and I do hope that you will give us a second chance so that you can experience the true level of service and accommodations that we provide to our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I spent a night and within 24 hrs I had a very very poor opinion of the hotel.
I will not stay again.
The shuttle service was good although being British I am not familiar with tipping the driver and while I don’t mind I was coming from the airport and had no dollars and felt very uncomfortable as there were only two of us and the other person was holding her money in view.
I had none.
Next I went to the desk
It was not welcoming but also I was unable to check in because “my son had already checked in and unless he gave permission to take an extra key they could not let me in”.
We called the room repeatedly (it was 1am) no answer and his mobile was switched off.
I wait to in the lobby for an hour thinking he must have gone out to the airport to pick me not knowing I took the shuttle.
After a one hour wait I insist on a jet as I’m exhausted I ask her to accompany me to the room when she calls again and says the room is unoccupied.
She asks for my passport and cuts me a key.
I enter the room my son is there in the room.
His mobile is switched off.
We check the room phone it is dead.
Dead.
I go to sleep.
The room is old and dated and so is the bathroom.
The breakfast the next morning is boring and never ask for orange juice it is a big mistake I’m not even sure what it is they bring it’s horrible.
I had to “find” someone to make an omelette which was not good and the juice I had to ask for twice twenty minutes apart and it was definitely not fresh juice or boxed juice but perhaps watered down fizzy drink.

I decided to go to the pool for some fresh air all the loungers were wet and sandy and had leaves in them- note it had not rained that day
The poolside was depressing and looked unclean I left to return to my room.
As I sat down the cleaner knocked to ask me what time I was leaving
I told her I had a late check out for 2pm and decided to call the desk to confirm that they realised that.
It was when I tried that I remembered the dead phone.
As I did not want to leave I ended up using my Uk phone to call the front desk making this an international call from room 103 to the front desk.

I told them that small things like a non working hotel room phone can cost expensive unnecessary international calls and a one hour wait in the lobby for a tired and exhausted customer.....

They did promise to refund my points and I’m still waiting for them.

Needless to say I will not be returning.

The hotel critic

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Toyin A
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Hotel Critic,

I would first like to begin by thanking you for staying at our hotel during your recent trip to the United States. I am so sorry that you had several incidents that caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. I am so sorry the guest room telephone was not working properly which caused several issues with your stay. I am also disappointed that you did not enjoy breakfast as the DoubleTree breakfast is one of the best. I would love the opportunity to communicate with you one on one and would appreciate an email at my address of Karen.sullivan@hilton.com or by direct line of 704-357-9120. I look forward to talking to you.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

If staff had addressed the title of my review sooner than 2 hrs after my report I might stay there again.

Vomit stayed in the hallway for at least two hours covered by towels while I used the gym and went out to breakfast before it was finally cleaned!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan S
Karen S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Dan S,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for reporting the unfortunate incident that occurred because of another guest. I do sincerely apologize that our staff did not clean the hallway in a timely manner, therefore adding discomfort to you. This certainly should have been addressed immediately, and I am truly sorry and can only imagine how you felt regarding the situation. Thanks again for brining it to our attention and I do hope that you will give us another try, as this certainly is not a normal occurrence.