Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$258
Hotels.comUS$258
PricelineUS$258
Marriott HotelsUS$258
eDreamsUS$258
Orbitz.comUS$258
Reviews (1 106)
1 106 results
All reviews m club valet parking within walking distance fitness center stoke lobby stadium upgrades couch properties key
Selected filters
5 - 10 of 1 106 reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2021

Let me first say, Krissy and Scott are great. I don't want any of my complaints to overshadow how helpful, friendly and empathetic they are.

Back in January, I booked a room at this property for Sept 3-5 (Georgia/Clemson Weekend). In the weeks leading to our stay, I received at least 2 emails asking if I still wanted to keep my booking. After acknowledging the first email and confirming my stay, I received yet another email the week after asking if I still wanted to keep my reservation - and notifying me of updated COVID/mask regulations. After the 2nd email, it had me worried the property was overbooked and it was possible they'd move me to another location. I called the property, inquiring about the multiple emails and reiterating my status level with Marriott - front desk directed me to Sales and Sales said we cant give out any information at this time about my reservation but that they would call me back. They called back and confirmed my reservation, fortunately.

We arrived on Fri, Sept 3. The property was very nice - modern, trendy and clean. They even accommodated an early check-in, which we appreciated. As the day progressed, we kept seeing signs for "Field Day" Georgia/Clemson check-in. Curious as to what it was, I researched it online. I found out it was a Fraternity/Sorority party organization that books room blocks, parties, DJs, etc. for major college football games.

As the day progressed, we noticed hundreds of UGA Fraternity/Sorority members trickling into the hotel - hardly any of which were wearing masks. The hotel staff was trying to give out masks, but there was very little enforcement. Those arriving were very loud and were starting to leave beer cans and cups in the elevators, starting around 8p. The maids were already mopping up floors in the elevator area by the lobby. Hearing Fraternity/Sorority members making loud noises in the hall and seeing all that we had, I expressed concerns to the front desk about booking this group - l was assured they had security in place and that these members were placed in room blocks.

Around 930p, we started increasingly hearing noises around our room, loud noises, from these students - and it wasn't even late nor were they drunk yet. Concerned, we contacted the staff again and complained. This is where Krissy and Scott were wonderful. They were completely empathetic to our situation and helped us relocate hotels due to the issues. Their response was the only thing that would make me even think about staying here again.

I'd like whoever allowed the Field Day Greek crowd to stay here to really consider several things: 1) was allowing this group to stay worth the brand hit you'll take from the other patrons at your hotel, some of which paid over $500/night to stay and would not want to deal with maskless students, drunk/loud and leaving beer everywhere. 2) is it worth putting your Housekeeping and normal staff under this kind of pressure to keep the property clean and even attempt to mask the guests? 3) reading other reviews online, was it worth relocating oversold guests to other properties and allowing a disruptive crowd to stay? I hope you think about these things in the future, as it really waters down a 4* hotel/brand to allow this kind of nonsense. Save that stuff for a lower tier Marriott property.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank UGASwoosh
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2021

Hello UGASwoosh,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. All of our associates are dedicated to going the extra mile in taking care of guests; therefore, we are thrilled to read your comments about the great service you received from Krissy and Scott and how they exceeded your expectations. However, we want to sincerely apologize for the excessive noise due to other guests in the hotel, and we are disappointed to know how this impacted your stay. Feedback like yours gives us valued insight to improve our guest experience; therefore, we appreciate your comments. We are grateful for your patience, and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

Intended to stay at the hotel Labor Day weekend. After booking the hotel 8 months early in January, they informed me 8 days in advance that they dramatically oversold the hotel and would no longer have a room. The staff did a reasonable job reading the script to inform me they had a wonderful sister property 10 miles outside of town they could offer.

Beware booking Marriott for a big event weekend as their staff has no clue how to manage the demand. My experience has already been shared by a handful other friends at the same hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank X1661TVtylerm
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Hello X1661TVtylerm,

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. We are disappointed to read about your experience and apologize for the issues you had with your reservation. Please be assured we will take appropriate action where necessary to serve you in the future better. We would love to make it up to you and hope you will consider a return visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

Great experience. All staff was very helpful and accomodating. Robert was exceptional. Excellent service at hotel and extremely happy with the coffee shop option. The rooms were very clean and followed Covid protocols. The shower was great and had great water pressure.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2021

First. There is zero service at this hotel. No food, no towels, nothing. If you are fine with a clean room and zero service… book. Don’t worry, they have a parking spot for $35 ($20 across the street) It’s a Marriott, not a courtyard or a Fairfield. The staff isn’t and must not be trained to be helpful. They are rude. People on business trips rely on hotel, services and staff.. pay a premium for it. You will find nothing here. My last stay

Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for evaluating your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the services we offer as well as the poor customer service that you encountered. Our focus is on every guest's comfort and satisfaction, and we truly regret this was not your experience. We value your feedback and will continue to work diligently to ensure that we are more consistent in our service delivery. It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

I must say that I had received the BEST customer service from Robert today that took this time to so patiently help me set up my Bluetooth in my car! I will definitely be back! Robert you are an asset to your company!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Hello TonisI2729JB,

Thank you for sharing your gracious review about the outstanding service you received from Robert. He has a great passion for providing exceptional hospitality, so we are pleased to share your wonderful comments with him. Thank you for choosing Charlotte Marriott City Center; we look forward to accommodating you again soon!