All reviews rooftop bar half door espresso maker conference area banquet staff city view few issues ordered room service the check in desk checking in little things hotel bar lobby area convention center the room was nice indoor pool valet parking
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel is super nice and the staff is even nicer! Esp Jeremy! We got off a red eye at 5am and thought we were gonna have to walk around for hours and just drop off our bags but Jeremy helped us get checked in super early, with a huge smile and kind words! It was exactly what we needed after a long frustrating flight! He def made our whole day! Not sure why the bad reviews this place is nice and affordable.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
LeMeridienCharlotte, General Manager at Le Meridien Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience staying with us at Le Méridien Charlotte. Part of striving to be the perfect home-away-from-home for travelers of the Queen City is providing the highest standard of personalized customer service. Our entire team knows all about the stress that becomes an unwanted traveling companion for many of our guests, especially when dealing with early morning or red-eye flights. Thus we must thank you for recognizing the true star of your visit in Jeremy, whose genuine care and assistance ensured your check-in process was as seamless as your entire stay. We will be sure that “the man” learns of your appreciation and individual role in your five-star impressions of our property. We hope that this recent visit instilled in you the desire to return in the future as we would love nothing more than to see you back through our doors for another positively memorable stay!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Bring earplugs if you plan to stay at this hotel. You can hear everything going on around your room. To make things worse, housekeeping was busy cleaning a room down the hall from ours at 11:00 pm. They were slamming doors, talking and laughing as if they were working in an empty building. I had to ask them to quiet down...it was very annoying.
Furnishings in the room were very cheap. Attached is a pic of a plug coming out of a cheaply constructed bedside lamp. Both bedside lamps were like this. I had to keep sticking the plug back into the lamp base.
Personally, I would never stay in this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy P
LeMeridienCharlotte, General Manager at Le Meridien Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your informative review, Tracy. We sincerely apologize that our accommodations did not live up to our normal high standard of well-kept, modernly-appointed amenities and furnishings. It was also unfortunate to learn about the noise disturbances you experienced throughout your stay, particularly regarding your experience with our own housekeeping personnel. We strive to ensure that our guests are always afforded a place of total relaxation and comfort to refresh and recharge, and we were sorry to learn of our own contributions to this issue that took away from your enjoyment of your visit. We will share this feedback, along with your noted observations regarding your in-room amenities, with our Management Team to ensure that any appropriate follow up actions are implemented promptly. We hope that you will reconsider and give us a chance to restore your faith in us by providing you with the quality of stay you expected and deserved on your next visit to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Business trip. Location was decent, not too far from downtown. The room was clean and comfy. The TV screen was broken in room and I notified front desk. Waited for about two hours and they were a no show. You pay the price for all amenities but sad when something doesn’t work.

The roof top area was great with great views.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
LeMeridienCharlotte, General Manager at Le Meridien Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

It was a pleasure to welcome you while in Charlotte on business, Omi, and we appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience. We strive to always provide a stress-free environment where every guests can relax and recharge with all of the comforts of home. We empathize how this is even more important while traveling for work, and apologize for the inconvenience with your in-room television. The lapse in attentive service that you encountered is not on par with our normal level of prompt personalized care and we will be sure to follow up on your experience with our team. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy many aspects of our property, from the convenience of our Uptown location to the picturesque views from our City Lights Rooftop Bar. We hope that should your travels return you to the Queen City, whether for business or leisure, we will have a chance to provide you with the quality of stay you expected and change your lasting impression of us.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Our family went to the rooftop to take a look at the view before bed. We didn't realize there was no access other than through the bar. We were met at the door by a young man. As we approached the door he began waving his hands profusely stating, "No children! No children! They can't come in here."...all while shaking his head. It was incredibly rude and handled very poorly. It seemed even more inappropriate considering we had not even said 'hello'
...nor did he bother with a casual greeting. He even was chewing while saying all this. It would be beneficial for him, as well as the hotel, if he could be instructed on how to handle similar situations. It will be difficult for him to advance in life with such poor people skills, especially if he's attempting to make a career in service. I was also annoyed because it confused our children for the reason of how it was handled. Because he was so rude, our girls thought he was accusing them of being unruly. The experience soured our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
LeMeridienCharlotte, General Manager at Le Meridien Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

As our staff is diligent in following protocols, we apologize if it came across as rude. Unfortunately, children are not allowed in our bar area as it is designed as an adult-only part of our hotel and we are sorry if you were misinformed regarding this. We will be going over your review with our team, to ensure similar situations are handled with more grace. It is disappointing to hear that this incident soured the rest of your time. Hopefully, we may have another opportunity to provide you with an improved stay.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My first stay at this hotel was this past summer. I was meeting a friend that booked the first night via Priceline. When I arrived I thought the lobby was very nice. And it appeared to be a pretty decent hotel.

When I walked into the room there was a slight odor of musty damp smell.

That night you could hear the music coming from the rooftop bar which is on the 18th floor and we were on the 9th floor.
We decided to stay another night so I went downstairs to the Sheraton side (by mistake). They were super nice and I was the guest of the day. So I decided to take the upgrade mainly because of the odor in first the room.

The restaurant on the Sheraton side has a very limited menu and I wasn’t impressed by the wings I had. The service was mediocre.
The second room was a suite but it was old and outdated.

Our 2nd stay was last week booked via Priceline.
I waited in line for about 3 mins. William clearly saw that I was next in line but, looked over me and called for the couple in behind me to come up.
I tried to ignore the fact that I could sense that he didn’t want to check me in.
I had booked a king size room and the only one that was available was a wheelchair accessible room.
Now I travel extensively for my job and stay in hotels for a living. So I don’t have a problem with that type of room but, when I got to the room and saw that the shower had no barrier to stop the water from running over the entire bathroom floor, i immediately went back downstairs.
I spoke with William and was offered a room with 2 queen beds. This is a Monday night and you have no king size beds?
Then I go back to that same mediocre restaurant and had the now horrible wings that I had last time. Horrible horrible horrible!
If I could’ve gotten my money back from Priceline I would have and went to another hotel.
This was my last time using Priceline and staying at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank tayshan1
LeMeridienCharlotte, General Manager at Le Meridien Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to detail both of your recent experiences of staying at our hotel. While we were pleased that our location benefitted your travels in the area enough for you to return for a second visit, we were sorry to learn that there were several key aspects of your experiences that fell short of meeting your expectations. We understand your frustrations during your first visit over the noise disturbances while trying to get a good night’s rest and we’re pleased that our team was able to assist you with a room change. We were truly saddened to learn of your more recent experience, especially your check-in process. Please know that this is not the standard of personalized guest service our team is known to always provide and we will be following up on your experience with the appropriate personnel to ensure similar issues are alleviated. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of your experience personally, we ask that at your earliest convenience, you reach out and contact us directly. We would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our standard of hospitality.