Reviews (1 691)
1 693 results
All reviews convention center heavenly bed spg member nascar hall of fame starbucks coffee lobby bar attending a conference bank of america stadium self park per day light rail front desk staff very nice hotel business trip valet parking hak downtown
21 - 26 of 1 693 reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Located in heart of Uptown area of Charlotte. Great location! Welcoming, friendly staff. Comfortable and very clean rooms. Great restaurants on site. Accessible to light rail. Convention Center across the street. Many local sites to visit Recommend for your next visit to Charlotte. Many great places to eat and within walking distance. Safe location!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Jetsetrnc,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Charlotte and for letting us know that you had an enriching experience with us. We appreciate your excellent review and are glad that you loved our dynamic location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

This is rated as a good hotel, so the accumulation of faux pas and shoddy management was a great disappointment.

Check in - The front desk lady promised to sign me up for Marriott miles. She promised to send an email confirmation. 3 days later and.... nothing. She also never mentioned that the Hotel was under external renovations and to please excuse the disruptions - more about that later.

Room - the room was good, but.... upon entering the bathroom I noticed a very slight sour smell, as if it had been cleaned with a dirty cloth. Hair in the sink ( short, curly one) and on the tiled wall (see pic attached). The sink was also partially clogged. THE BATHROOM HAD NOT BEEN PROPERLY CLEANED.

Workers outside the window - as mentioned they never warned or apologized about renovations being done. The view from my room was a gantry or platform that was left on the scaffolding directly outside. At 7 in the morning, there were workers walking around directly in front of the window. Again, no warning or apology.

Cleaning of room - checked in on Tuesday and by Thursday evening, no one had cleaned the room, no water bottle or coffee replacement and wet towels only. At 6 pm on Thursday when I called the desk, they told me that I had opted for some green scheme, something that I never heard about. What does a green scheme have to do with emptying trash, dirty dishes and replacing coffee pods. It is just SHODDY MANAGEMENT.
Eventually 2 staff members, maybe one was a manager, came to do a clean.
I am sorry but at $200 per night, cleaning the room I standard procedure not a perk.

Renovations - mentioned already that renovations were being done. No signage of apology anywhere. Covered scaffolding had been placed on the street. While this is fine, the hotel made no effort to clean the area so the entrances were filthy. A hose and some soap is all that’s needed. The lack of management pride was visible in other ways such as garbage not being picked up in corridors for over 24 hours.
Sorry but the experience was such that I started to notice all the bad things. My reviews are usually positive , so....

On the positive side, the people were friendly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear EdwardVK,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed the friendliness of our associated, but regret we let you down in other areas of your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to our current renovations. Our goal is to create a fresh and vibrant atmosphere for our guests, and we will be sure to improve our communication about our renovations going forward. We apologize for the missed housekeeping opportunities, and will take the appropriate action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope to have another occasion to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Charlotte.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I am Marriott Platinum elite and was staying at the Westin Charlotte, as I attended a meeting at the Convention Center next door. The experience was not very good. Hurricane Florence was expected to make landfall about 250 miles away on Saturday but I was leaving Thursday and weather during the entire week was fine. At check-in on Tuesday, I was asked would I rather have 500 points or service in my room during my stay. I took the service. Wednesday morning, we received a phone message that there would be no service due to the hurricane (which at that time was no where near Charlotte), in order to save resources. The hotel had decided, I wasn’t getting service or the 500 points! Ironically, later that afternoon, window washers were washing the windows. Before a hurricane! The hotel itself is in need of renovation. Rooms are very old. No upgrades for Platinums. Although they followed the rule that Platinums get breakfast, they only allowed cold items. They charged $5 if you wanted eggs. Ridiculous! I wrote the GM And he defended his policy with essentially no concrete apology. I recommend staying away from this hotel especially if you are a Marriott elite and want to be treated like one.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SNG55
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear SNG55,

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Brands and thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please accept our apologies for any confusion or miscommunication regarding our housekeeping services for your room and included upgrades due to your Platinum Elite member status. We value our guests and want each one to leave with a positive impression of our hotel. As a result, please reach out to the hotel directly and request to speak with me, so that I can ensure you received the appropriate upgrades for your member status.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed for 4 days/nights while attending a conference at the Convention Center across the street. Nice facility; excellent staff, very nice accommodations, overall very pleasant visit. Did not spend a lot of time in the hotel proper other than to sleep, shower and change clothes; but it ideally suited my needs. Large elevator bank; great views; conveniently located to downtown; Whole Foods next door.

If I had to voice one complaint, the large, glass-enclosed shower area with a 6'x6' window overlooking downtown (really cool!) leaked onto the bathroom floor. And somebody had attempted fixing such with a shoddy, excessive, poorly applied caulk job -- which didn't work because the actual problem is that the shower door doesn't close. It was a less than impressive presentation but didn't preclude a fine shower.

Room Tip: Excellent views; the higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear fluidtherapy,

Thank you for reviewing your enriching experience at The Westin Charlotte. It’s always our attempt to provide a revitalizing stay for each guest, and we are glad to see we accomplished this while you were here. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll share it with our concerned team to make necessary improvements. We hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you are back in this area.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice and convenient to the convention center. They seemed to be a little overwhelmed with the amount of guests staying here. Service was slow in the restaurant and bar and I heard them say several times that they were out of or couldn’t find a specific wine/beer that people ordered. I guess the pace is slower in NC than NYC where I’m from but I’m not sure they were quite ready for this.
Room was nice & clean. Bed was comfortable and bathroom amenities were good.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
WestinCharlotte, Hotel Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Chris, thank you for taking time to review your visit to us. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to better ourselves. We have passed along your concerns about the service to our team. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, rooms & amenities. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Be well,