“Have been here twice now and”
Review of V Pizza

V Pizza
Ranked #173 of 433 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Have been here twice now and it’s a great spot. Pizza is delicious!!! Havr a nice bar as well with multiple beers on tap!! Staff are is friendly and they follow all covid guidelines!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

I did taje out due to the pandemic. Despite ordering for pickup 2 hours ahead of time there was a 23 minute wait when i got there. True it was Saturday night but could have been handled better. We had the meatball appetizer expensive at 3$ a ball but tasted excellent. The pizza was expensive as well but the use san marzano tomatoes and caputo flours buffalo mozzarella. I think you get what you pay for. The delivery bobble knocked it down a star but all in all excellent pizza. I will be back!

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank DavidZ267
Reviewed 2 May 2020 via mobile

We had a bolognese pizza that was just delicious. Herbs were fresh,mozzarella was so tasty and fresh,tomatoes as everything was imported from Italy and was sweet and fresh.
We had a cannoli that was the best I have had since Ferrara bakery in New York.
Prices were good,service (curbside) was excellent and Anthony, the owner, was great to talk with.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 25 April 2020

Closest to Neopolitan pizza in RTP. We did take out due to the stay at home order and pizza was still good. I can't wait to try it at the restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 18 March 2020

This is the best pizza I have ever had. Let me qualify that by saying that I've had pizza all over NYC and in various regions of Italy, and this is the best.

I recommend going into the restaurant without expectations and a clear mind, free from what you think pizza "should be" -- don't expect typical generic American style pizza (Papa John's, etc.) or NYC style pizza. This pizza is a true Neapolitan (Napolitano) style of pizza, which you could only find at one other place in the Triangle (Pompieri Pizza in Durham). It has a thin crust, cooked to perfection (not too crispy and not soggy), and a bit of char from the wood-fired oven. It isn't choking in cheese so thick you can't taste the other ingredients. The cheese is one ingredient of several that work together to create a full flavor profile.

And oh, the flavors at V Pizza... *swoon* ...magnificent and well-balanced, playing like a perfect symphony across your palate. The quality of the ingredients is above and beyond anything you have likely experienced in a pizza shop. Not just fresh and superb quality, but clearly curated with love and commitment to a superlative pie. The star of the pizza here is the red sauce. Anyone who knows me would be absolutely shocked to hear me say that, because I am not a sauce person. Most places get too much or have a generic, boring base that does nothing to compliment the other ingredients, or worse, overwhelms them completely. Why is this sauce so special? San Marzano tomatoes, friends; there is no equal. Somehow, it creates the perfect base and exquisite compliment to the toppings. It doesn't overwhelm or underwhelm, but brings out the best in everything.

Beyond the pizza, they have a very extensive beer list, featuring the largest local and statewide selections I have seen in Cary. Personally, I very much appreciate their dedication to our local and state breweries. This puts money right back into our community and it matters.

The only thing that rivals the food is the service. These folks actually care about your experience as well as the food they prepare. A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I ordered one of the spicier pizzas. I was going to try and tough it out, as he loves spicy food. Unfortunately, even though the flavors were absolutely amazing, it was just too much heat for me. I went up to order another pizza and they gave it to me for free. I was stunned. I had ordered the first pizza fully aware it could be too spicy and I may have to buy something else, and I told them I didn't mind paying for another pie, but they insisted. In this day and age when true customer service has gone the way of the dodo, it was extremely surprising (and refreshing).

Yes, the pizza here is a little pricey. Why? Because the ingredients are high quality and more expensive. You can truly taste the difference. It's the same concept as any other restaurant, from McDonald's to Ruth's Chris: you get what you pay for. :) The only recommendations I have to make this great place even better would be to offer boneless wings and somehow integrate the full bar menu with the walk up food ordering.

Date of visit: March 2020

Been to V Pizza? Share your experiences!