“Wonderful Food and the coleslaw flight was spectacular!”
Review of Doc Brown's Bbq

Doc Brown's Bbq
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Candler
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Doc Brown's BBQ is a family operated BBQ joint that serves scratchmade Southern food and housemade desserts with fast and friendly service.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stopped by on our way to the Biltmore estate. My wife had the smoked turkey and really liked it, our daughters both had the pulled pork and also really enjoyed it. I had the pulled beef which I thought was very nice as well. The beef is a little unusual, not a brisket, but more like a shredded with a wonderful sauce mixed in. I would not say it is a traditional bbq, but was really tasty. All the sandwiches were generous portions. My daughter tried the pasta salad which she loved.
Now, to the coleslaw flight, this is a spectacular idea. I love coleslaw and the idea of having several to try made my day. I tried the blue cheese, creamy, Lexington and a hot one. Again, loved this concept and the different flavors. Perhaps do something like this with mini sandwiches?
Finally, the service was exceptional. The young lady who took our order and brought our food, I believe she introduced herself as Olivia, was friendly, polite and did everything she could to make sure we had a great visit. There was a young man in the kitchen that I could tell was working hard and was obviously efficiently. He got the orders out very quickly, I was impressed watching him in action.
This is a great place, please continue to do things the way you are. We will certainly stop back when we pass by again!

1  Thank jberzins
David B, Owner at Doc Brown's Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. We're glad you liked the food... but we understand that people are at the center of your experience.

Olivia and Callum care very much about our guests and I am glad that it shows.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

On road trip to Ashville NC stop in to grab lunch. BBQ pork and sauces was awesome but the Potato Salad could not get enough of salt to have a good taste. and Sorry their Baked Beans is the worst EVER Very nice staff and Its pricy too

David B, Owner at Doc Brown's Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for stopping by our little restaurant. I can't really speak to your personal taste or preference. You don't have to apologize, maybe next time, you might try one of the other 13 side dishes that were available that day. I am confident that there is something else on our menu that you would enjoy. At the very least, let us know at the time that you do not enjoy something so we can rectify the situation.

We all understand "pricy" is a subjective term....so I wanted to let folks considering your review know what you received. It looks like you ordered one of our pulled pork plates. It comes with an oversized serving of pork as it weighs out to 8oz. The sides are ample as they come in at 5oz. by volume. So you get a half pound of pork and two 1/3 cups servings of side dishes and a cornbread muffin for $10.75 plus tax. I would say that is a great value when compared to out local competitors. But I also understand that that is simply my opinion as well. The next iteration of the menu will offer some smaller portions of items to address your concern.

I agree that our staff is exceptional. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Saw the report on WLOS and had to stop in. Overall I am pleased to report that this is a solid BBQ joint and encourage you to stop in and decide for yourself.

There is enough of a variety that you can't makeup your mind in just one visit. I couldn't choose between what sounded like a delicious turkey, meatloaf, ribs, or pulled pork. I ultimately played it safe and went with the pulled pork.

The pork had a great flavor and featured a healthy amount of burnt ends (my favorite part). The pork was the right amount of moist, just enough dryness that it accepted the sauce (I am a sauce guy). The sauces covered the spectrum well enough that I was able to more than properly sauce my meats with a combo of the red BBQ and vinegar sauce.

I managed to sample a wide variety of sides from the table but I ended up ordering the collards and Mac n cheese. The collards were pretty good but weren't as strongly flavored as I typically enjoy. With a little help from the vinegar sauce, I was right on track for enjoyment of the collards. The Mac n Cheese didn't let me down and would be a very safe pick if you are unsure on sides. The entire table managed to agree that the cornbread was on the higher end of both quality and taste.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about on this visit were the baked beans. I sampled a good portion from my wife and they just weren't to my taste. I don't know that they are bad, just not what I go for in baked beans. It wasn't the flavor, but the assortment of the beans and that they weren't super tender. There are enough side choices on the menu that you're safe no matter what you enjoy.

Last but not least, the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable of the menu, and checked on us many times throughout our meal.

I'll definitely be back to try more of their wide variety.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Greeter explained menu and all options
Very friendly staff
Large portions of food
Great tasting food
Different flavors of bbq sauces were very good

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Great BBQ, friendly staff. Pulled pork is the best - make sure you get here early before it's gone! Make sure you try their take on Alabama White BBQ sauce - It is really good.
Don't forget to order the banana pudding.....