“Amazing place to stay!!”

Review of SEA LYIN' 200

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
mollyyoun...
“Amazing place to stay!! ”
Reviewed 8 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

When we got here we were extremely surprised because the pictures do not give this place any justice!!! We had no problems with this place whatsoever! It was just the two of us, so we only used the one bedroom. The dishes in the cabinet were a little dusty, but thats to be expected because there wasn't anyone staying here for about two weeks before we got there, but it was no big deal, just rinsed them off. The bathroom was very clean, not even any hair in the shower from any previous renters (a personal ew factor for me). I thought that most everything was pretty modern, maybe just the carpet in the bedroom if I had to pick something, but who really is looking at the carpet on vacation? The floor in the living room is very nice! Its like a type of pergo flooring. The note on the door wants you to lock the dead bolt because it doesn't seal the door without the dead bolt locked but the door still stays shut without it. Its more to conserve energy because of the central air. You are expected to clean a bit before you leave (clean dishes, sweep floors) but most houses down here have that policy, but for the price of this house per week I do not mind one bit. We didn't even find sand anywhere in the house except the one rug by the door, but it just stuck to our feet from being wet from outside, only a little bit. The road does have a tendency to hold water, but it wasn't anything for us to worry about. The drive way didn't hold any, so our cars didn't even get water on the tires(it rained almost our whole first week here). But it dried up very fast. A few more things to add to this long review :) : great decor, great tv channels, internet was pretty fast, just had to sign in again a couple times, and great deal for the price. We are staying two weeks here and we have had no problems at all! Recommend 100%!!! :)

15 May 2016
Thank you for your feedback! It is appreciated! We are so glad you had a nice vacation! Hope to see you again soon!
351little
Baltimore, Maryland
“HORRIBLE and VERY STRESSFULL NOT A VACATION AT ALL”
Reviewed 14 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We arrived on Sat 9/26/15 only to find the street we were staying was flooded. They, not sure who, was pumping the water out onto Hwy 12.. The driveway to our place also had so much water that we had to ask the Hatterras Motel if we could park the car in their lot, which we did once most of the water was pumped from our street Sun late afternoon. We were afraid the car would flood. The place was old and outdated, sand in the bed, floor and the kitchen had dirty rags sitting on the sink.. Bathroom light worked and then not, Never figured how to turn on the ceiling fan light. There was a note on the counter from the Owner to the cleaning people about the dirt and open cigarette gum found under the daybed. The door knob lock was broke. The note taped to the inside door(from owner) not to try to lock the door knob because it was broken. We left at 3am on 10/29/15 because of the weather, and NC was expecting rain ALL that week we were to be there. When I called Dolphin Realty about what we arrived to, the street flooded, dirty rags, sand all over ( I know it's the beach, but sand in the bed? I was told " the owner was just in the place before you and never said anything about the broken lock or the dirt or the flooded street". I was told that I should have called Dolphin and they would have moved us- I honestly didn't even think of that- maybe my fault.... So I asked for a refund of some sort and was told 149.62 or there about. I know you take a chance going to the Outer Banks with the weather but really, 149.00 come on!!! The owner obviously knew what we were walking into since they we there before us and didn't want to lose the week vacation rental. Who checks to see if things are cleaned. I'm very disappointed, not with Dolphin Realty, they told me it was up to the Owner to decide about the refund if any. Just having a hard time getting call backs from Dolphin Realty. So sad the customer service or there lack of and you would think the Owner would be a bit more understanding. I would not refer this place to anyone!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: nothing- I would not recommend to anyone
Liked least: evertything about the owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Oct 2015
Thank you for your recent feedback about your vacation at our property Sea Lyin’. We at Dolphin Realty strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests. We apologize that you had a bad experience with your vacation. Had we been contacted on Sunday morning and made aware of all the issues you were experiencing; we could have resolved your issues. You will be receiving a refund check in the amount of $208.59. The photos on the website are current and up to date; we are sorry you feel the house is outdated, we will make sure to pass that message along to the owners when doing our yearly assessments. Again, we’d like to apologize that you had a negative experience with your vacation and we hate that you departed early.

Dolphin Realty
Kburroway
Chapmanville, West Virginia
“Beautiful place to stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We loved this place in Buxton. I had been to Kitty Hawk when I was younger but we have never been that far down in the Outer Banks. Great experience! What I love best was the close proximity to the beach. Also since I am a movie buff I loved seeing the Rodanthe house that was in the movie. The only challenge was that we wanted to do more things that were located in the upper part of the Outer Banks so we traveled 2 hours one day and another hour the next day but if you want a nice quiet vacation this place is it!

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
28 Jul 2014
I am so glad you had a great vacation! Hope to see you again next year!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing