“Most relaxing and awesome vacation ever.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Angela H
Jacksonville, FL
“Fully Refunded Disaster - No running water, no back up plan! BEWARE!”
Reviewed 17 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

If you are considering booking this cabin BEWARE! Make sure it has WATER!!! The cabin itself is very nice which is why I booked it months in advance, and called and spoke to the GSMR staff at the time of booking to ensure all was well before my son and I made the drive from Florida. I let them know I am single mom with a child and this is a big deal for me to head up to a cabin in the mountain so I wanted to be prepared and make sure everything was good. I also called the day before (Wednesday) since we were heading out that night to cut the trip up since it's such a long drive and we wanted to get to the cabin as early as possible thursday to enjoy the evening. When I called Wednesday they said everything is great, come on up. So we get there at around 4:30 Thursday, unpacked getting settled, shooting pool, and realize there is no running water...my cell phone doesnt work but the representative Kathy called the landline to the cabin to check on me, at which point I tell her there is no water. She sends maintenance out there, they have multiple theories about what it could be...it's starting to get dark, all of our evening plans are shot now...and I am in an unfamiliar place with just my son in dark unlit mountain terrain..there is no other accommodations anywhere in town, the whole city is booked..so I am panicking.. the maintenance men say they dont think they can get it fixed, they are telling me several different stories...eventually we are hungry, its dark, im stressed to the max because i have no idea where we are going to go, my son is frustrated and hungry..they find one cabin that we can sleep in for one night but thats it...our whole thursday evening of smores, games, hot tub is ruined and wasted! The maintenance man was kind enough to lead us to the other cabin since it was dark! I felt badly for him as he had a family too, but he stuck with us...so we slept in that other small basic cabin the one night, at least we can take a shower and flush the toilet...that was nice! Then Friday we had to pack everything up again and do our planned activities with everything in the car! Kathy calls me Friday and says they dont think they can get the Twin Oaks cabin fixed and they have no other place for me and my son to go....really?? So basically I was stranded there on my own with no place to go...I pulled myself together and found a place with wifi, mind you my cell phone doesnt work up here, and tried to find a place we could stay. I ended up driving up to the Sleep Inn and talked to the manager, they actually had a cancellation and put us in that room, thank God!!! So we spent the rest of our trip in a hotel. But basically the Great Smoky Mountain Rental company refunded my money and left me and my son on our own. I was in shock, totally! She tried to make light of it like 'Well now you have a story to tell" Really?!?! No now you have a lesson learned, and need to check the well and pump and water levels before someone drives a day and a half with a car full of groceries for a cabin stay!!! They were fully aware I was a woman traveling alone with a child and I kept calling to make sure all was ok....and this happened. Their response was a little cold too. They kept saying it was out of their control, "this is mountain life for ya", "you can use the water from the hot tub to flush the toilet"! What! I am not at a KOA campground, this is a top of the line $200+ a night cabin! They gave me several different reasons/excuses, so I really dont know what the truth was, was it a spring that dried up, was it a bad pump, I will never know however they need to take serious measures when this is a known issue in that area before a single mom and a child come to stay in their cabin, anyone for that matter. This really ruined the 'experience' i was looking to have with my son...it still makes me so upset considering all the time and money I put into this and they refunded me the cost of the cabin, but you can't refund the time, the loss of the experience, the stress of being up there and not having any place to stay, packing and unpacking, groceries going bad...it was just ridiculous. My son and I tried our best to enjoy the trip despite losing the cabin but our disappointment was a huge hurdle to overcome. We just chose to not speak of the cabin once we got the hotel, and just move forward and enjoy the other activities...the Sleep Inn was actually nice and I do thank God that was an answer to prayer, but it wasnt the same as the cabin experience I had so hoped for.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Oct 2017
We are very sorry that your vacation did not turn out as expected. As soon as you advised us of the lack of water (which turned out to be a mechanical failure of the pump) we sent maintenance out there who determined that it needed a new pump. We were at maximum occupancy and did move you to our only available cabin for the night in hopes that we could get the well pump repaired the next day. As it turned out, the local well service was not able to replace the pump until Saturday. Everything at the cabin was indeed in working order the day before your arrival, we are unable to predict a mechanical failure. In the mountains, most homes are on well systems. We did try to find you other accommodations with other providers and were unable to do so since the town is quite busy in October. When we found that we would not be able to get the well pump replaced in a timely fashion, we did give you a 100% refund and did not charge you anything for the one night stay in the other cabin. We want every guest to have a wonderful experience and again, are sorry that this did nto work out for you.
Linda C
Belvidere
“Most relaxing and awesome vacation ever.”
Reviewed 23 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Mostly impressed as to how helpful and friendly the staff was. The cabin had everything you needed, the view was beautiful and so peaceful. We especially enjoyed the hot tub and the looking at the stars at night. We will definitely be back and no more motel rooms for us.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Nov 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review Twin Oaks Retreat. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay so much. Please keep us in mind for your future vacations. As a VIP repeat guest you'll receive your choice of a 10% discount or a 7th night free.
jtmatl170
“Lovely except for roads and driveway”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Cabin lovely but roads and driveway horrible. View was on the rear of cabin,but porch was on the front....sad!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Oct 2016
Thank you for your your comments about your stay at Twin Oaks cabin. Some of the roads in the Smoky Mountains are very different than you may be used to. Gravel roads tend to get a bit bumpy in dry weather. We are glad that you found the cabin accommodations comfortable. Thank you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing