“My "go to" place for pizza”
Review of Pizza By the River

Pizza By the River
Ranked #22 of 58 Restaurants in Bryson City
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Great Pizza on The Beautiful Nantahala River. Reopen April 1,2016
Description: Great Pizza on The Beautiful Nantahala River. Reopen April 1,2016
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a "local" 7 months of the year and Pizza By The River continues to be my "go to" place for pizza in the Nantahala Gorge. First off, I really like their pizza. Thin crust and not too much sauce. I can call ahead and order it and have it hot and ready by the time I arrive. The owner, Cindy, recently had her staff stay open longer just so they could make my pizzas before closing. She's the greatest! I always bring weekend guests to PBR and they love sitting by the water and being outside. There is nothing fancy about the place at all, but the atmosphere has such a great river vibe that I pass other food establishments to eat here.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent deal 2 slice 5$ . Perfect paddling stop , at small surf wave . Can sit on porch and watch people surf and the river role by . Believe me you will want to eat here, much cheaper than down stream dining.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We went to the PBR today, and had some great family time!! The pizza was delicious after a great whitewater rafting trip. Sitting at the picnic table next to the river was very nice.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here with our white water guide to eat a quick bite! He highly recommend this place so we figured "what the heck" and we LOVED IT! The pizza was great! Fun little place to hang out, socialize with others, and eat some great quick food! Our guide, Justin (Carolina Outfitters) was so much fun and he just raved about this place. Boy was he right! We enjoyed our stop here.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome! The food is great and the prices are low. We loved the atmosphere! Thank you!