Amazing cabin with awesome views. This cabin is very well furnished. Beds were comfortable. Everything was perfect. Coffee on the porch watching the sunrise was a good way to start the day. Hot tub and fire pit was a great way to end the day. Can't wait to go back. We will return as soon as possible for sure. What a great time.
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Luxury-minded travelers|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway||Older travelers|
Three friends went down to the area to enjoy the great motorcycling roads. My friend who booked this cabin chose it because it had a hot tub, 3 bedrooms, and was described as being "motorcycle accessible". Well, it was almost perfect except for the accessible part and a few other little things. I will list pros and cons, as I typically do in my reviews.
We stayed 5 nights.
-Beautiful cabin, quiet area on top of a small mountain, far from neighbours.
-Everything is practically brand new - stainless steel appliances are top-grade. Fridge has ice-maker and crushed ice maker and dispenses cold water. The range is flat top. The cabin has almost everything you might need for an extended stay.
- Free wifi, small portable CD player, TV with DVD player and Xbox with Kinect
-The deck wraps around 3 sides of the cabin. The view is nice.
-The hottub is great and would have room for 4 people comfortably. 6 if you did not want to stretch out.
-Digital (precise) central air conditioning/heating
-The decoration was not too "kitchy". The theme was "bears", which was okay. It was not overly decorated with cutsie crap, though there was some.
-The bed in my room was comfy, but a bit soft for my taste.
-phone in cabin. Free local calls or make long distance calls with calling card.
-Plenty of towels. Washer/Dryer.
- If you come by motorcycle, beware. The road up to the cottage is twisty and paved...up until the last few hundred yards. Just when you get to the last turn, the road turns to gravel and it is very steep and has a hairpin turn while on an incline...a recipe for disaster for motorcycles, especially ones laden with travel gear. I am not exagerating when I say that one of my friends felt it was too dangerous and was going to go into town and book a hotel (and forfeit our full deposit) rather than risk that road. Only after we had taken all our gear off our bikes, and the bravest/most skilled of us with the smallest bike attempted the road, were we able to get all of us up to the cabin. If you have a fat heavy cruiser, or top-heavy bike, beware. You must have a high degree of skill to navigate this gravel road, and it is NOT what we would call motorcycle friendly. We attempted to contact the cabin management about our this and other concerns (see bees below), as we felt we had paid a premium for this cabin and had selected it over other less expenses places of similar quality because it had said it was motorcycle accessible. However, the manager never returned our calls nor emails. We were not impressed with the lack of customer service.
-There were numerous bees flying about the cabin, and we could see that they had bored holes into the wood over the doorways and at various places. We did not feel very comfortable spending time on the deck with all the giant bees flying to and fro.
- The wifi was very weak/ frustratingly slow
-The top floor bedroom calls itself a loft, but it is also open concept, meaning it overlooks the living room and thus you have no privacy and no sound isolation if others are up watching tv at night or making breakfast.
- no kettle to boil water for tea (there is a coffeemaker)
- dining room table only has 4 chairs. That was fine for us, but would not work for the "sleeps 6" claim
- a crew was building new house overlooking this one. the construction noise was tiring, and it also means there will be less privacy when it is completed.
- there were a lot of addtional fees added onto our bill that other rental places do not charge. Even though we were charged over a $100 for a "cleaning fee", we were still expected to strip the beds and pillows ourselves before leaving.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|