“Just awesome ”

Endless River Private Adventures
Ranked #3 of 15 Tours in Bryson City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Western North Carolina is a dream vacation destination and we take advantage of everything WNC has to offer: whitewater rafting on three great rivers, white water kayak instruction, fly fishing, scenic lake tours and a store overlooking the Nantahala River. And when winter arrives, we take our expertise to Costa Rica and Ecuador for more great outdoor adventures.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were a group of 9 in 2 rafts and had the best time. The guides are great and we had fun with them too. The did the full day that included lunch and so glad we picked the longer one and got to go twice. I highly recommend this company!

1  Thank Jodi R
"learn how"
"middle ocoee"
"experienced guide"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
"beautiful river"
in 5 reviews
"wet suits"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just got back from a week in the mountains. Last minute I was able to book a half day rafting the middle Ocoee with Endless. They always do a great job making sure everyone has a good time. The guides are personable and know the rivers well. I’ve rafted the Ocoee and the Cheoah with Endless and will continue to pick them over the larger rafting companies who seem more focused on the numbers. If you’re trying to plan a trip to the mountains the staff offers some great advice on places to stay and other activities close by.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We did 2 different rivers (Ocoee and Cheoah) on 2 different days with Endless River Adventures and had a great time. This is one of the best outfitters I have ever seen and very professional. Our guide Josh was one of the best and most experienced rafting guides I have ever had (which is a good thing when running the Cheoah). He was also very friendly and knowledgeable. The only reason for not giving this company 5-stars is because our Ocoee run was cut short. We were having a great day of rafting until 2 other customers (not with us) had to quit because they could not swim and became freaked out. I feel the company should have screened these people who could not swim at all and never been whitewater rafting before out from serious class IV rapids. Even if they didn't, had the company had a 3rd person/driver they could have picked those 2 people up and everyone else could have continue with the trip without interruption. Obviously this was the fault of the company and not our guide. Our Cheoah trip was great and there were plenty of staff on hand. The lunch served riverside was very delicious. The Cheoah pictures were included for FREE in the cost of our trip which was noticed and much appreciated (I wish all rafting companies did this). Besides the Ocoee mishap we had a blast and I would recommend ERA for sure!

1  Thank Rusty R
Reviewed 28 May 2018

ERA never fails to go above and beyond with their customer service. Huge thanks to Braden for taking care of a helmet warranty. This company always takes care of its customers. 5 STARS!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 May 2018

My mom and dad (both 60), sister and future brother-in-law, and my wife and I really enjoyed our time on the Nantahala River. Ben G. was our guide and was great! We learned great skills like "give me two" and "lean-in".We also learned other tricks like oar high-fives, spinning, and how to tell the difference between right- and left-handle paddles - ha!

The Nantahala is very much a beginner's river, but I would definitely recommend getting a guide. We learned lots about the river and its history, the plants and trees along the way, and even saw some wildlife. Ben helped us thread the needle through some fun little rapids, bounced us off rocks, and we even "surfed" at a certain point. It was overcast for part of our trip and rained a little bit, but that made the experience so much more memorable and better. The water is cold, but no one even came close to falling out of the raft.

Ben was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. It was great getting to learn a little bit about him. He complimented our rafting ability - it was our first time to do something like this - and even recommended that we try the Ocoee River next time. My family and I would recommend booking a rafting trip with Endless River Adventures and would love to go with Ben on another trip.

In terms of logistics, I would recommend getting there early 30 minutes early. It takes longer than you think to get around in the Smoky Mountains (approximately 20 minutes from Bryson City) and then it takes longer than you think to get checked in and situated. ERA has a great shop that's not overpriced - we bought some $2 croakies there. We had a great lunch at the High Test Deli before our trip and got an afternoon coffee and cookies at La Colce Vita Bakery.

3  Thank Jack D