“vacation”

Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are a family owned and operated all American steak and seafood restaurant that specializes in hand pattied beef, buffalo, and elk burgers, hand cut steaks, and fresh seafood. Since we opened in 1978 in Tampa Florida by my father, we have been believers in keeping things fresh, fairly priced, and family friendly.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to eat on the recommendation of the desk clerk at the Sleep Inn in town. Crowded with locals but had no problem getting seated. Atmosphere was electric with energy from Joseph, the evenings entertainment, Food was very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a converted house. The food is good, but the prices and services don't justify those prices. I found that although the wait staff was polite, they seemed like summer help (not professional) servers. The prices would make you expect more experienced staff.

1  Thank ROGER S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was average. Dining area rather small, if you have a big party, plan on waiting. Local musician was a nice surprise. Blackened trout was very good and I'm not a fan of fish, usually.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In an era of fast food it is so nice to go to a restaurant where they take their time to prepare a quality dish
I had the trout with a baked potato - lovely and tasty
My wife ordered the stuffed shrimp - she just loved it
We'll go back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I recently visited Bryson City and stopped in for a late lunch after exploring Cherokee. We kept hearing a lot about Jimmy Mac's and we were starving so we decided to pop in and try it out. It was well after the lunch rush so we were seated immediately. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive without being over the top. We had the fried seafood platter platter for an appetizer which for me was the best part of the meal. We both had steaks and they were okay but nothing special. I ordered mine medium and while it had the pink, it was kind of overcooked at one end. My husband ordered his medium rare and his was more on the side of medium. While I won't say it was horrible, I won't say I would be anxious to go back the next time we are there.