“Love the serenity of Leatherwood”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Hawk's View

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ron P
“Love the serenity of Leatherwood”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We have stayed at Leatherwood several times over the past several years at different houses. The Leatherwood community has always been a great get away. We love the peace and beauty of the area. Traveling from the NC Triangle area is easy. The elevation isn’t as high as Boone/Blowing Rock (another favorite area) but the views are quite beautiful. The gated community is quite well maintained. The ease of making a reservation is also a plus! I like purchasing insurance at a nominal price, in lieu of a refundable security deposit. It’s nice Leatherwood gives that option. Our most recent stay was at Hawk’s View. When I saw the pictures, I was concerned that the view (picture #3) would be obstructed (now that it’s summer). I was glad to see that I was wrong. Beautiful long range views down into the valley and out overlooking the mountains. We found the house to be very clean and the description was accurate. (There is a half bath downstairs…which I don’t believe is mentioned in the description, along with 3 private bathrooms off of each bedroom.) The hot tub (although we only opened it to look in) was very clean and operational. We liked the proximity to the office with Hawk’s View. The drive back down the mountain was shorter, but I don’t think we sacrificed having a view any less than other homes we’d stayed in. Our only complaint was the tv. There was a beautiful flat screen, but we were never able to get it to work. Different information in different booklets conflicted with each other. We’d hoped to use our Roku player (btw, the Wifi worked great) to watch movies off of Netflix in the evenings. The flat screen seemed anchored (instead of pivoting out and away) to the wall to a point that we weren’t able to get to the HDMI inputs. There also was a collection of movies, but they were in VHS format and there was no VHS player that we could find. In all fairness, we did not report this to the office. I’m certain someone would have come to assist. And not having a tv allowed us all to play scrabble, take in the views and serenity, and enjoy each others company.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and serenity. The views.
Liked least: TV...unable to get it to work
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
7 Jul 2016
Thank you for this review....Leatherwood is indeed an amazing destination! We value our customers feedback and strive to constantly improve our guests experience. We will make sure that the TV at Hawks View is in proper working order for the next guests. We always encourage our guests to reach out to us if they have any issues or there is anything we can do to make their stay more enjoyable. Thanks again!
TN
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers

Reviewed 6 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing