“Lunch at Ginger Browns”

Ginger Browns Gin Joint & Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Rutherglen
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a lovely lunch at this venue and would highly recommend it. The food menu is different and offers a great selection of dishes.. My friend and I had a coupon from Groupon for a two course meal which did not disappoint. The drinks menu was good too with choices of gin cocktails at £5.50 which was reasonable as they were in tall glasses. For lunch friend had nachos to start and I had black pudding pakora very generous portions and the side salad was shredded carrot red onion and balsamic vinegar with coriander delicious. My main was chicken satay and basmati rice again, generous portions my friend had southern fried chicken burger with all the trimmings. I will certainly visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Greasy chicken burger with chips that tasted more of the oil they were cooked in than anything else. Bacon was black and the burger bun was soggy. No redeeming qualities, it was a real shame.

3  Thank JulieFoyle23
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good food, very well presented, but let down by very slow service. Real lack of awareness of time.
I doubt if I'll be back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Looks good from outside. Inside quite basic and small. Food was delicious, all served at the same time, considering around 16 of us all ordering different dishes this was quite something. Very interesting menus with a great twist. Gin options were great too, and owner was very knowledgible and helpful in helping us decide on best choices.

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Menu was amazing and amusing. Food was fantastic. Best meal I’ve had in a long time. Staff were friendly and helpful and the gin menu was varied.