“Late Morning Breakfast”
Review of Ocean Clipper Inn

Ocean Clipper Inn
Ranked #39 of 117 Restaurants in Rockingham
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Dropped into the Ocean Clipper resturant for a late breakfast and was plesantly surprised.

We were greated warmly by the resturant manger and shown to a table promptly.I had the big breakfast and my wife had the waffles. Both meals were well priced and extremely tasting and filling. I can throughly recommend the Ocean Clipper for breakfast and we will definetaly be returning.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great coffee and great food. They even have real chai. Don’t be fooled by the old facade. The coffee shop and restaurant are amazing.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We were trying to find a place for the night and a lovely lady at the petrol station said that this was a good place to stay and that the food was good. She was not wrong. The room was absolutely fine and the meal was superb. My husband had the chicken and I had the salmon. The staff were more than accommodating and we really enjoyed ourselves. It’s a shame that we cannot stay longer. Still we will know for next time.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I have returned to this establishment 4 or 5 times since it’s reopening on Thursday 28th December and will be returning because of their Italian biscotti like mum still makes.
Namely the Sicilian Cannoli with custard fill.
I have now been for 2 breakfasts, a lunch, 2 dinners and mid-arvo coffee break.
But before I describe the cuisine and food I would like to reminisce on the recent history of this Elegant Gent.
As a practitioner in this sea-side suburb since 1990 and 4 year Treasurer of the Rockingham /Kwinana Chamber of Commerce. My colleagues and I dined here on many chamber meeting nights in the mid-nineties.

It's had a refit and the iconic gent should appeal to all.
The new owners of the "Clipper Cafe" have gutted the once bar, lounge and administrative area and turned this into a indoor seated and lounge area equipped with lounges and coffee table.
Higher seating and tables also offer a less formal get together.
Daily newspapers and magazines allow you to catch up with the latest news.
More exciting however is the new alfresco dining which overlooks the Rockingham Village Green and War Memorial across the road.

I mention this here as the annual "Romance on the Green" performed by the ‘Perth Symphony Orchestra’ and provided free to the community by the Rockingham City Council will again be on offer this year.
On Saturday the 17th of February.
I attended last year’s event which was a great success from all accounts.

The "Clipper Cafe" may provide you with another vantage choice with sit down meals and drinks from their bar. Or if you prefer coffee, they also offer the ‘slow drip cold’ version.

1  Thank JosephPaterniti
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Decided that my wife and I would try the old Ocean Clipper for dinner since they have done the renovations. When we arrived we where presently surprised. They had completely guttered the old bar area. Met pleasantly by the waitress, who was very helpful. Very clean and great dining area out side. We thought the road would be noisy, but sitting at the road side behind the garden bed, was pleasant. We ordered the tasting plate for 2, my god it could have been for 4. Could sit here on a Saturday or Sunday arvo with some music for a catch up with friends. Great menu selection. Must give it a go not the old Clipper anymore. Hope they do well.