“Family lunch”

The Tea and Coffee Merchant
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

First time visit. Very impressed with everything the food was great and the service was fabulous, very friendly, helpful and efficient. Home made soup was delicious chicken and celery. Hubby had omelette he really enjoyed it, portion sizes are large. Location is lovely will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

This was our first visit to The Tea and Coffee Merchant. The location is beautiful with views across Churchill Park to the sea and Garden Island beyond. Thankfully the industrial area just up the coast is well and truly out of the sight line.

It was a moderately warm morning with a cool breeze, but certainly warm enough to sit outside. Catching up with friends whom you have not seen for some time tends to lead to a lot of talking, but there was no hassle from staff to order.

The staff were friendly and efficient, the drinks and the food were hot and well presented. At $14.50 the omelette, which must have been made with four eggs, accompanied by two thick slices of toast and slices of tomato, was excellent value. My one reservation with this particular dish is that it comes with the mushroom, ham, and cheese all mixed in together with the egg. I am guessing that if a customer did not like a particular element of this dish, they could ask for it to be left out.

All in all a very pleasant morning, and an establishment to which we would certainly return again in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Food is nice tea and coffee is lovely. The service to bring your items out can be a bit slow at times. We will definitely go back. Well done

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This is such a lovely place to spend a while for coffee or lunch the food is good and the scenery is great.i do agree the staff are not always that friendly never smile or go out of there way to help.the nice staff seem to have left.but it is a nice view and you might get them on a good day.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Not sure if this place is under new ownership/management? as I have been going for years without a problem but on Sunday 19th November 2017 I had lunch there ordered fish and chips, the fish were 3 slivers of fish about the size of a knife just a tiny bit fatter, the chips and salad were lovely.
After this went for a walk to return for a cup of tea and cake with a friend, she ordered a tea for 2 and cakes.
1 cake came out then one pot of tea (my friend said this was a pot for 2, the waitress said you were only charged for a single one) my friend went inside and explained what had happened and that she would pay extra for the pot for 2.
She was told from what I believe to be the owner that she couldn't do that it had already gone through the till.
So she paid for another pot of tea and explained when she returned to which I replied well go and do a bad review a waitress said is that for here can I help?
We explained the situation and she said well it's not the till staff's fault you should get in touch with the Franchisee's.
I said fine she walked off.
I heard my friend order and know what she asked for so it is the till staff that took the orders fault and she was prepared to pay for what she ordered in Hine site we should have left and asked for a refund.
So we waited and waited I had to go in and if they knew how long the other cake was going to be (there were about 4 staff talking about my friend) they never answered me how long it would be just said to one of the staff can you get that for them.
When I left I said to the staff that told us to go to franchisee that I hoped the owner enjoyed her extra $4.50 as word of mouth is not a good thing and we would never be back, to which she laughed and said have a nice day!!!!!!!
Obviously the money was not the problem the very rude staff and their attitude was....

1  Thank webdeb11