All reviews beach club beautiful beach would highly recommend this hotel great property swimming pool tapioca enjoyed our stay rooms are big beach front convention center very attentive staff nice view spg reserva facilities challenges lounge
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The Sheraton Reserva do Paiva is an excellent hotel for both business and relaxation. I was there for business, but had some time to enjoy the place. The room was excellent, spacious and clean, with all expected amenities. It features a very cozy and comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent with lots of varieties of food. The hotel is located about 600 meters from the beach, which was - when I visited - total empty except for a couple fishermen. At 1-2 pm at this time of the year, the tide is low and natural warm water pools are formed behind the coral reefs - excellent for bathing and relaxation . The hotel pool is great too!

Room tip: Front rooms have a view of the ocean, but back rooms look at the pool and Forest. Both will do fine! Both are quiet.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I had the misfortune to stay in this hotel in May'18.

The negatives.

1. Its located extremely far away from central Recife. If you go here, you will be cut off from all posible restaurants, bars, beaches etc.

2. The hotel is extremely ordinary and costs almost 200 usd a night compared to other 50-75 usd /night hotels in Central Recife. And its worse than those hotels. I am unable to understand why this hotel is 3 times more expensive and why do people even consider it?

3. The room is extremely ordinary and the rooms in Ibis or Intercity are as good.

4. The front desk is extremely rude. I think for this reason alone, I will consider other hotels in recife.

5. The internet connection is very poor.

6. The breakfast service is extremely ordinary and poor. If you are in the cub floor, avoid it..as waitress does not speak any English and all food is transported from bottom floor to top so might as well eat in bottom floor.

7. The housekeeping starts banging the door at 7 am in the morning, to clean reminding me as if I am in a school hostel.

The Positives..

1. Hot water, swimming pool and electricity available.

Overall, save your 200 usd and take a 60 usd hotel in Recife. You will save money and have a better stay.

If the review was helpful, please click on "helpful" tab. Thanks

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sally M
Paulo C, Training Manager & Quality Representative at Sheraton Reserva do Paiva Hotel & Convention Center, Recife, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Sally M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at the Sheraton Reserva do Paiva Hotel & Convention Center.

We strive to provide world-class service to each and every guest during his or her time with us, and regret to discover that we did not met your expectations while you visited our landmark hotel.

Your collaboration through comments is crucial, providing important information that help us achieve our goals and deliver memorable enjoyable experiences to our guests from start to finish. We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their concerns with us so we can continue to improve our service.

Once again thank you for your valuable opinion and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Paulo Costa

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel is great. Nice staff, clean rooms, good shower, WiFi works fine. Breakfast is excellent with many options including local tapioca and traditional pão de queijo.
The swimming pool area is well maintained and there towels available right there.
If you like to sleep until late get a room on the back of the hotel as blackout shades won’t be enough to darken your room facing the sea.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I spent a night at the Sheraton after a few days exploring the amazing beaches south of Recife (from Porto de Galinhas to Maragogi).

After a week or so staying at 'pousadas', it was great to spend the last night of my trip at a world-class hotel such as this one. The location is kind of in the middle of nowhere (close to a beach, in a new, upscale area), but it worked for me since I was just going to the airport (25-30' away by car).

The room was huge and very well equipped (great king-size bed, sofa, desk, etc.). The bathroom was also great, with a rainfall shower. Wifi was solid, even when I used the complimentary, low-speed option.

The staff was very friendly and breakfast was good for the price (R$ 39). The hotel looks brand new and it's impeccably clean. Would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Wonderful Resort about an hour's drive from central Recife. Has a beach club and shuttle to get there. Amazing, virgin beach (beware of sharks though and never walk alone or take too many things with you).
The pool area is spectacular with the rain forest as backdrop, amazing.
Nice, friendly staff. Rooms are big and impeccably clean. You can have beach view or Forest view, I went for forest view as beach cannot be seen unless you are on top floors.
Breakfast was a little disappointing as not much variety . All in all, paradise and would recommend to anyone.

Room tip: Forest view
Date of stay: December 2017