“Great Restaurant for an Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Catch 54

Catch 54
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reading the other reviews, we thought there would be a wait to get into this restaurant. However, we walked right in around 7:30 in the evening. I did expect to wait and we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't have to (on a Sunday night). The waitress came right over to get our drink orders. We had two "fancy" drinks, a coconut martini and an orange crush. Both were delish and you could taste the booze.
We then ordered an appetizer of Baked crab dip. It came out piping hot and delicious. For Dinner my husband ordered the seafood gumbo and the shaved Brussel sprouts (aren't shaved brussel sprouts on every menu these days?). I ordered the shrimp and grits. We ended up trading meals because the gumbo was too spicy for him, but I loved it. For me, the shrimp & grits were a tad too "tomato" tasting (maybe a little bit too much tomato paste added?), but they were still good. I would have loved to eat outside on the water, but it was raining that night. Would definitely revisit this restaurant.

Caroline J, Marketing at Catch 54, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to leave a review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My party got there right at opening. It wasn't busy yet so we had a great experience sitting upstairs in a quiet area. The views were beautiful. Some of the food was just OK, other meals were delicious! The Mahi I had was really good---my husband had the seafood stew which he liked a lot. The fish and chips and fried shrimp were just OK. The service was wonderful. The prices were high but we expect that when near the beach. It's only worth it though when the food and service is this good!

Caroline J, Marketing at Catch 54, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Been to umpteen places in OCMD, Fenwick, Bethany, Lewes and everyplace in between and this was up at the top for overall experience. Yes all the SoDel menus are similar and yes they tend to be on the pricey side but this place gets it right:
Ambiance: Check - Bayside marsh during sunset on the outside porch? Yes please.
Appetizers Check: Crab dip with bacon and scalions.
Food: Check - Seafood gumbo and seafood stew was fantastic. Best grits I've ever tasted.
Drinks check - a couple of DIPAS and great wines on the menu.

The place is beautifully decorated, soft music for background, attentive wait staff.

Only knock (depending on how you view it) is that it doesnt seem like a place you take your kids.

Go here...I think you'll like it!

Caroline J, Marketing at Catch 54, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we really appreciate all the kind words about our restaurant. Please feel free to reach me at caroline@sodelconcepts.com if you should ever need anything and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

The view here is absolutely amazing but the service is a work in progress. We ordered the crab dip, shrimp app, kids fish and chips, shrimp and grits, rib eye, and the key lime pie. The crab dip I found to be dry it wasn’t creamy like I would expect. The kids fish and chips was huge but cooked perfectly as were the shrimp app. The shrimp and grits were ok but not my favorite. The shrimp was over cooked and it just wasn’t anything special. The rib eye was enjoyed but it was an extremely fatty cut so most of it wasn’t eaten. The bar scene was great. The service was very slow and a lot of tables around us had mistakes

Caroline J, Marketing at Catch 54, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate the feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have the best dining experience as we always want our customers to leave happy and customer service is so very important to us. All of our employees go through extensive training in an effort to provide the best service. We will discuss this with the staff and continue to get better. Please feel free to reach me at caroline@sodelconcepts.com if you would like to discuss your experience further. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We celebrated my sister's birthday and sat outside with a beautiful view. I had the shrimp cocktail excellent my husband spit with me. My husband had a hamburger that he though was overpriced. I had scallops that were delicious. Our server was excellent and their food is consist. Maybe a little pricey but always good.

1  Thank loulou215

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the kind words. Please feel free to reach me at caroline@sodelconcepts.com if you should ever need anything and we hope to see you again soon.