“Stunning location and property and well looked...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
Alex C
“Stunning location and property and well looked after”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed here as a group of friends, one of the group having booked on our behalf. As such, I had no idea what to expect but was taken aback (in a good way) at first sight of the property. It is a beautiful building, tucked away in a lovely spot in the countryside by a river.

JF was an excellent host, with a number of great ideas of how to enjoy our stay. This included wine and cheese tasting from their excellent cellar and a BBQ by the swimming pool. The rest of the staff were also very helpful.

I elected to stay in the converted barn/farmhouse with another from the group, partly because I was too slow to grab a room in the castle! These en-suite rooms were very pleasant. As they sat above JF's own accommodation, he was very welcoming, inviting me to join him for a drink, offering bottles of water and generally helping to make me feel at home.

It's fair to say that we got a bit rowdy at points (in a nice "friends getting drunk together" way, nothing worse), but this wasn't any kind of problem. We treated the property with respect and, as a result, we were made to feel as though it really was our home for a couple of days. A few of us even discussed doing another trip with wives/girlfriends in the future.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Semyosha
South Bucks
“The most amazing week!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Now, before I go any further I need to mention that I have stayed in a number of gites and chateau but staying in St Martory was something very special. We were a mixed group with kids and all without exception have had brilliant time. The chateau, the rooms, the park - are just wonderful. It has something about it - je ne sais quoi - real and magical at the same time. Beautiful antique furniture, impressive library (including some rare editions) - but also all the bare necessities like TV and wiFi.
We are looked after wonderfully during our week - Sonia spoilt us rotten: we would wake up to the perfect beautifully presented breakfast every morning (for 20 people), and in the evening Fabrice will cook a great dinner. We never actually ate out, as the ambience of the place was so much better than any restaurant would offer. And the food was delicious - we would choose in the morning what we fancy for dinner - and - voila!
There were a lot of things to do (I personally preferred to stay near the pool - just couldn't leave the chateau, didn't see the point). Some friends went to Carcasson, some to Lourdes, kids did some horse riding nearby.
When I get rich I will buy it but at the moment I hope to find an excuse to come back again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Stunningly beautiful, great and friendly service.
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Copenhagen

wa, US
Reviewed 20 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing