All reviews bagels continental breakfast hard boiled eggs fire pit microwave fridge tap water is seneca lake beds were comfortable beautiful view pride of ownership community room the breakfast area spent nights motel style rooms the cottages place to stay a great stay
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Really enjoyed the Lakeside. Quiet and relaxing. Enjoyed the firepit evening. Room was very clean. The continental breakfast was plenty for us who were not really into breakfast on vacation.
I booked on Expedia and that site was not clear. I thought I booked a cabin but was in a room in the "house". Was offered a one night stay in a cabin but we just decided to stay in the room and not move. The staff were very friendly and I could see us staying there on our next visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Though not a 5 star resort, the owners obviously take pride in upkeeping of this modest motel. Situated over Lake Seneca and just minutes to downtown Watkins Glen, this place covers the basic requirements of a traveler by providing and very clean large rooms, a nice view of the lake, and breakfast. I stayed in #6 which had a view plus the advantage of being just steps from the breakfast room. Coffee was wonderful and the breads and hard boiled eggs were enough to fuel up on before talking the day.
Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the overall experience was good.
Some things to be aware of: shampoos and soap are machine dispensed and quite honestly awful so bring your own; the bathroom was tiny and uncomfortable; the water was very chlorinated so bottled water should be on your list of things to bring.
The room I was in had a closed in porch which was re-purposed to be a eat-in area; TV was good as was the bed (comfy pillows and mattress).
For an economical brief stay, this place gives a lot of bang for your buck.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TonyK300
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed here one night and wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were friendly and helpful. They had a fire in the firepit that night, and we were able to relax and socialize with other patrons. The view of the lake was gorgeous, and we loved the hike to the terraced waterfalls that is on the property.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed in a stand alone cabin with our dogs and it was terrific! The cabin was newly renovated, clean and had everything we needed. The property was great for walking the dogs and had a good view of the lake. The continental breakfast was a great money saver and the people working there were very friendly and helpful! The cost was very reasonable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Must admit when I pulled into the driveway my first thought was “what did I get myself into”. That quickly changed at check in. We were early but allowed to check in. The lake view room was spacious, loved the hardwood floor. Bathroom is a bit dated but renovations are ongoing. Owners are friendly, accommodating and hard working! Enjoyed sitting around the fire pit and meeting wonderful folks from all over the world! Breakfast tasty and filling... good way to start the day. Property well kept. Rooms clean. If ever in the area again will definitely stay here again!!

Trip type: Travelled with family