“Delicious carrot cake!”
Review of Mad Hatter Cafe

Mad Hatter Cafe
Ranked #18 of 33 Restaurants in Mirepoix
Description: We serve food and drinks all day long including a full english breakfast, lunches, afternoon tea and home-made cakes 'fait maison' and a variety of tasty snacks. We use a local baker to make fresh bagels, rolls and tea-cakes. A variety of wine, cider and beer is also available under our licence 'petit restauration', served only with food. A warm welcome awaits you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I visited the Mad Hatter Cafe again today, having been several times over the past couple of years whenever we're in Mirepoix. I had the most delicious homemade carrot cake. Well worth a visit - great food and friendly people.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This is not somewhere I'd generally seek out but friends 'looking for a little corner of England' seem to like it. So if in need of a decent cup of tea, this is the place to go.

It's a pleasant enough place to visit, but I've always found the service to be a bit on the slow side. They sometimes do nice scones. It seems to attract mainly Anglophones seeking an English breakfast or afternoon tea.

It wouldn't be my first choice but that's a matter of personal taste. The prices are quite reasonable. So if you want to experience France don't choose the Mad Hatter. But if you want a bit of England abroad, then you've found the right place.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Not splendid but reasonable price / quality .... There are new owners as far as I could see and we have to give them some credit

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I know it was a busy day today at the apple fete. This fete has been going on in Mirepoix for a number of years, so you would know it's likely to be a busy weekend.
Stand back and take a look. First impressions not good dirty windows doors as you enter figure marks . Right side a cabinet used as a dumping site, many inside tables not being cleared and cleaned. whilst my husband and I were there a french couple sat at an uncleared table waited several minutes then left. A party of four waited an awful long time for a very simple meal. Your young girls just looking at each other obviously out of their depth.
You need to get you act together, !!!!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Set in the heart of Mirepoix - a charming small Very French town - If you want to travel to another country and can't manage the local fare, perhaps this is for you. We visited on market day which is exceptionally busy, this was the first place we could get a seat. Service was pleasant but slow. We were unfortunate enough to pick a table near the toilets so always seemed to have a couple of people queuing beside our table. One person happened to mention to a waitress that the toilet paper had run out - we didn't see it it replenished in the time we were there. There were lots of full English breakfasts being served so there is obviously a demand for what they do, just not my cup of tea.

Thank Goodfoodloverst... M