All reviews double tree rooftop restaurant top floor restaurant staff view of the ocean very nice hotel breakfast buffet walking distance perfect stay stayed for one night special thanks easy access the general manager dar es salaam enjoyed my stay walking tour prison island
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We focused on a location where we could only do quick tour around the area and it was spot on! This was a treat for our dad we stayed for 2 nights and had a lovely time, the breakfast variety was perfect. Thanks to Chef Alex for always making sure we are content and the waiter Nasra for being very genuine in assisting us.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nismaili
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you Nisimaili for the five star review and sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor!

I am happy to hear you had a lovely time here especially it was a treat for your dad- and that you found the breakfast perfect as you mentioned.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning two of our star team members ( Alex & Nasra) for making your stay enjoyable and I will make sure to share your kind compliments with them and I will recognize them for it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town in the not too distant future!

We are ready when you are!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This was our first time to Zanzibar and only 3 full days, so we decided to stay in Stone Town and do day trips as we wanted. The Doubletree is in a good location, all the staff are nice, the rooms are clean. We didn't really have a view (not sure there are any), the gelato place is right next to the hotel, it was easy to arrange a day trip, etc.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonaB1980

Thank you MonaB1980 for staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town and taking the time to share your review here on Trip advisor.

I am happy to hear you found the Hotel location, staff friendliness and rooms cleanliness to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We stayed here after a trip to the Serengeti and what a pleasant surprise. From the reception at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, the breakfast/dinner staff and the management, they were all very professional and friendly. We stayed in a corner room and it was well decorated, ample in size, clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. And no mozzies. We ate breakfast and dinner at the Taarad restaurant and on all occasions the food and service excellent. Our smiling waiter Godwin was attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Alex the chef was there to keep a eye on things and made us feel very welcome in his restaurant and island. Best grilled dorado I have ever eaten.
We appreciated the general manager bidding us farewell after a very good stay.
Highly recommend both staying at the hotel and dining in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose a corner suite.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh W
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you Hugh, for the five star review and recommending , Double Tree by Hilton Stone Town on Trip Advisor!

I am happy to hear you found the overall experience to you liking especially dinning at our roof top signature restaurant Taarab . I am also delighted you mentioned your servers by name so we can recognize them for making your stay exceptional . Our formula here is that we do everything with passion and consistency trying our very best every day to exceed our guest expectations and create a unique personal hospitality experience .

Hugh, it was really my pleasure to bid you farewell after your pleasant stay - and we look forward to welcoming you back to your Double Tree Hilton Stone Town in the not too distant future! We are ready when you are!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I frequently travel to Zanzibar and in most, if not all occasions stay at the double tree.Their service is normally very good but the last two visits and this one in particular their service has been exceptional and their food....oooh my! The food is just fresh and this includes non seafood meals, I should know coz I had a steak the first night, calamari the second night and fish curry the last day..generous portions too!! Kudos to Chef Alex and his team...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank juki2018
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you Juk2018 for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor!

I am happy to hear you found the service and food experience on your last visit at Taarab restaurant- exceptional as you mentioned.

Our goal is not to meet our guest expectations but to exceed their expectations and offer them an exceptional stay and service.

Thank you also for mentioning Chef Alex and his team so we can recognize them for offering another exceptional dinning experience to you.

As we would love to have the pleasure of serving you again and again , Please contact me on your next visit on yehia.elmansoury@hilton.com

I will be happy to greet you and welcome you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

We are ready when you are!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I only had one night here, but that didn't stop me from having a really thoroughly enjoyable stay.

The Hotel is positioned in the centre of the city exactly where you need to be if you want to walk around this amazing UNESCO heritage City.

Our room was really impressive and a lot larger than I had expected, with all the facilities and amenities that you would associate with a top quality Double Tree. After 4 days of safari it was a relief to get a fast WI-Fi service where I could actually get on with some work. It was impeccably clean and that was due in no small part to the cleaner, Susan, who was extremely friendly and again a really decent human being.

We spent some time upstairs having dinner and we were impressed with the view from the Balcony and the exceptional service we received from the staff there. This was replicated at breakfast and we wanted for nothing. I felt the staff at both breakfast and dinner were generally quality individuals and I want to say a big thank you to them for looking after my two children in such a caring and considerate way.

The Hotel is clearly managed extremely well and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and when next in Stonetown we will be staying again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank munster4ever
Yehia_El-Mansoury, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Stone Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hi Munster4ever- We are so glad to hear that your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Stone Town was accommodating to your trip.

To read that our Houskeeping staff made your stay comfortable and pleasant is a simple reminder as to why we love bringing our guests the light and warmth of hospitality. I will be sure to pass this nice feedback to our staff and especially Susan your room attendant to recognize the good effort they have put in to make your stay memorable. I am am also happy to hear you found the overall service and restaurant quality to your liking .

We hope to see you come back another time and if there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me through a private message or email : Yehia.elmansoury@hilton.com

Yehia El Mansoury, GM