Coco De Mer Hotel
Maru Maru Hotel(Stone Town)
US$151
US$119
US$162
US$111
US$198
US$168
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$159
US$153
US$87
US$77
Kisiwa House(Stone Town)
US$282
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Beyt Al Salaam(Stone Town)
US$124
  • Restaurant
US$443
US$411
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We found the hotel owners to be very friendly, happy to recommend restaurants etc. The breakfast was very nice, big portions with lots of fruit eaten with the other guests. The rooms were pretty nice, very spacious but not spotless. The water seemed to be a sporadic problem and the shower was never hot. Water leaked from the toilet system when it flushed and didn't drain properly from the shower. For a hotel, we felt quite awkward asking for our room to be cleaned, and it seemed that you had to ask otherwise it would not be done. In fact we stopped asking to avoid awkwardness! The beds were comfortable and large, a few holes in the mosquito net but a pretty good fan. We'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Bad experience, go anywhere else. They sell you the room at a discount since low season, then late in the evening tell you to pay more or they will kick you out. Avoid the like the plague they are. No water at all until you have to ask for it. Super hot rooms as well.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Yvan H
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I have been travelling for more than 11 years around the world and this was by far my worst experience.
I came with my girlfriend 1 week ago. Situated in the center of Stone town. The rooms are old and furniture really ugly. The bathroom is disgusting and the shower was dirty. The fan didn't make us feel any breeze. The mosquito net was broken everywhere. They said there were towels and at night when we wanted to have a shower they said there weren't towels and gave us 2 sheets to clean ourselves.....incredible. When the owner came back (after an hour waiting for him..)said he was sorry while laughing...and disappeared because he saw we were angry without explanations. The other staff was doing other things without being worried at all. We also ask for laundry service and the girl hanged on the clothes in the walls of the building, where all the other neighbours could see our underwear, etc..
Don't go there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Albert P
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Ok where I should start - I stayed here for two nights and it was nightmare !!! First when I arrived they even didn't know which room I booked so he brought me in some cheap room where you even couldn't close the door and shower I wouldn't even dare to step in without my shoes !!!! so after my complaints that this is not what I paid for I got bigger room - room is ok but you can here everything from outside so I didn't get much sleep especially when you here people walking and making noise inside the hotel - I didn't feel safe at all and had bad feelings - breakfast is start to be served at 7:30 in the morning unfortunately the guy was really surprised when I asked him 7:35 for breakfast so he told me it take a few minutes he needs to wake up his sister.... Fair play to the guy he was really helpful but no idea what is going on and how to run hotel

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Romča Š
Reviewed 6 March 2015

We stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The location is pretty much in the centre of Stone Town and very easy to get around. Dorm room beds were comfortable and bathrooms were decent. Breakfast was included and we were really satisfied with the quality and service. Jimmy, the manager, was extremely helpful. When we arrived, he gave us a brief outline of things to do and see in Stone Town and the different tours we could go on. He was very accommodating and gave us some great tips. We would really recommend staying here. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends