All reviewstop floorstairs are steeptwo nightsno liftrecommend staying herelots of charactercity tourfour poster bednarrow streetsunique experienceunique hotelair conditioningstayed longerforodhani gardensnight marketprison islandspice tour
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Zanzibar Palace Hotel is very well located in the Old town area of Stonetown. It also has good nearby car access. The rooms are reminiscent of days gone by, but with modern comforts of air conditioning and bathrooms. The breakfasts and suppers were superior!

Room Tip: If you have issues with stairs, note this in your reservation.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stevecann2017
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed in this hotel with recommendation from our travel operators Tusker trails. This place was fantastic with old palace styled rooms. The staff were friendly and provided outstanding. Highly recommend this hotel as it is walkable to every destination in Zanzibar center.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiviAbid
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Frans and his staff were beyond excellent during our stay here! We stayed in the top suite, which was a beautiful room with an outdoor bathroom area and lounge. The location is great, walking distance to most everything in Stone Town. Also, Frans arranged a great spice tour for us. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Suite Dunia was beautiful!
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Zanzibar Palace Hotel was absolutely wonderful and I only wish that I could have stayed more than just the one night. All of the staff and Franz were very hospitable and easy to work with. I felt at home instantly.

I stayed in the Nadia room and it was remarkable! The shower was nice with hot/cold water, and great quality toiletries were provided. Wifi worked perfectly, providing uninterrupted YouTube streaming and calls on WhatsApp. And the bed was so comfortable that I accidentally fell asleep a couple hours earlier than planned. My favorite part of the room was the beautiful shuttered windows, letting in light but providing well-appreciated privacy. I felt completely spoiled staying in this room!

I took coffee at 7 am as is offered with the room. I am a coffee-snob and I loved the coffee here! I enjoyed the fruit bar that was available at breakfast. Dinner (tuna filet) was delicious though a bit on the spendy side.

If you're looking for a quiet, cozy place to stay or want a hotel that's an endless source for Instagram photos, I can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Nadia Room does not have a view but is extremely cozy with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JessicaB17
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and comfortable hotel, a 5-minute walk from the water and at the edge of the labyrinthine maze of old Stone Town.

The decor in our room ('Sultana') was exotic, and provided a welcome oasis during the hottest parts of the day. The dining and bar area were comfy, cozy and serene. Special mention must be made to the staff and to the owner, who were very solicitous to our needs. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple