Zanzibar Palace Hotel
US$191
US$159
US$153
  • Breakfast included
Maru Maru Hotel(Stone Town)
US$151
US$119
US$202
Kisiwa House(Stone Town)
US$176
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$159
  • Restaurant
US$443
US$415
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floorour honeymoonsteep stairsrecommend staying hereno lifttwo nightssmall hotellarge roomlots of characterarabian nightsunique hotelcity tourfour poster bednarrow streetsunique experienceair conditioningstayed longer
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed in this hotel with recommendation from our travel operators Tusker trails. This place was fantastic with old palace styled rooms. The staff were friendly and provided outstanding. Highly recommend this hotel as it is walkable to every destination in Zanzibar center.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Frans and his staff were beyond excellent during our stay here! We stayed in the top suite, which was a beautiful room with an outdoor bathroom area and lounge. The location is great, walking distance to most everything in Stone Town. Also, Frans arranged a great spice tour for us. Overall, I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Suite Dunia was beautiful!
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Zanzibar Palace Hotel was absolutely wonderful and I only wish that I could have stayed more than just the one night. All of the staff and Franz were very hospitable and easy to work with. I felt at home instantly.

I stayed in the Nadia room and it was remarkable! The shower was nice with hot/cold water, and great quality toiletries were provided. Wifi worked perfectly, providing uninterrupted YouTube streaming and calls on WhatsApp. And the bed was so comfortable that I accidentally fell asleep a couple hours earlier than planned. My favorite part of the room was the beautiful shuttered windows, letting in light but providing well-appreciated privacy. I felt completely spoiled staying in this room!

I took coffee at 7 am as is offered with the room. I am a coffee-snob and I loved the coffee here! I enjoyed the fruit bar that was available at breakfast. Dinner (tuna filet) was delicious though a bit on the spendy side.

If you're looking for a quiet, cozy place to stay or want a hotel that's an endless source for Instagram photos, I can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Nadia Room does not have a view but is extremely cozy with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and comfortable hotel, a 5-minute walk from the water and at the edge of the labyrinthine maze of old Stone Town.

The decor in our room ('Sultana') was exotic, and provided a welcome oasis during the hottest parts of the day. The dining and bar area were comfy, cozy and serene. Special mention must be made to the staff and to the owner, who were very solicitous to our needs. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This hotel is so beautiful. We loved that it's in the old section of town, very walkable through the narrow interesting streets to the harbor, with many restaurants and everything we wanted tot do. We had a small balcony overlooking the street (quiet) and a very large, and comfortable room with many windows and whirlpool tub. Although the room is located directly above the front desk/lobby we couldn't hear a thing--those thick walls are wonderful. Everyone on the staff was helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Such a sweet place; we couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple