All reviews rooftop restaurant lcd tv pleasant hotel sea port wifi works well walking distance nice clean rooms hot shower pool area tour guide ferry terminal the hotel staff the wi fi nice stay would stay here again breakfast and dinner an upgrade
Reviewed 8 September 2018

So sad to leave Zanzibar and the beautiful Golden Tulip Boutique, Malindi Road, Stonetown

The hotel has been fabulous from organising our trips to catering to my tastebuds when I wanted very spicy food !

The morning breakfast on the rooftop was very refreshing from fruits, cereals, toast and pastries to hot buffet food. The views are awesome of the Indian sea with morning boats cruising to nearby islands to the massive ships.

The rooms were cleaned daily with a beautiful arrangement of fresh flowers different everyday!

Facilities included fridge, beverages, water and lots of storage space. Hairdryer was available in the bathroom with all the usual toiletries and towels. Laundry facility was available at a minimal price. Hotel doesn’t have an alcohol licence but choice of fresh juices available readily.

Taxi can be booked by the hotel for local trips just outside the hotel or booked by the hotel via an agent.

Variety of restaurants within walking distance with markets near the sea front for gift shopping and a buzzing night market with local foods available at a very low cost.

Excellent stay - thank you to all the wonderful friendly staff who made our stay comfortable and enjoyable

Room Tip: Staff are amazing !
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
GTSTB, Manager at Golden Tulip Stonetown Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Rekha

Thank you so much for taking you time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your useful and honest feedback, We are delighted to note that you had wonderful experience with us . Ensuring guests comfort is our main focus and we glad to know we were able to meet your expectation at Golden Tulip Stone Town Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I was surprised this hotel is not in the top 10?? The staff and managers went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Roof top restaurant served some of the best food in town. We tried several including the Hilton..and our hotel was by far the best.

Room Tip: Few mins walk into Stone Town centre..
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GTSTB, Manager at Golden Tulip Stonetown Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for choosing Golden Tulip Stone Town Boutique Hotel for your recent stay in Zanzibar.

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Golden Tulip Stone Town Boutique

Management

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Located close to the ferries, a few minutes walk from Forodhani which can be seen as the centre of Stone Town.
Awesome service from the staff, a nice rooftop terrace for breakfast and dinner if you'd like, and a very hidden gem of a pizzaplace in the backyard by the pool which offers the best pizza I've had in a very long time.
Will stay here if i come back to Stonetown

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Henrikgm

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

Management

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The one thing going for this property is its location just across the port which makes it quite busier .
We reached at 1.40 p.m. but were made to wait another hour to get a room !
The staff is at holiday pace and rooms are worn down in particular the toilet .
Wifi works well .Breakfast not much to write about with group tours occupying most places in breakfast room atop the hotel.
Roof top view stunning as sea is across the road beyond the port .
Just ok ...for the price .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pilgrim_gsa

Dear Pilgrim

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences. I appreciate you sharing your concerns and again apologize for the stay not being 100%. I will continue to work with my staff as they are empowered to handle most situations to minimize any inconvenience and hopefully correct the issue to the best of their ability. I will also work with my staff to make sure we are providing better consistent service. I do recall your review and since then we have made some progress on the speed of our check in process and have scheduled more service training as well. I hope that we see you again in the near future knowing we have worked on our short comings.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel and having experience in other hotels in Zanzibar and Tanzania I can tell that breakfast is one of the worst I had. If you ask vegetable in your scrambled eggs it comes all raw, like chopped veggies on a already cooked egg. Boiled eggs were old and plain scrambled eggs were so cold I had to switch to rice flakes which was also horrible.
Shower cabin in our room didn’t have a properly inclined floor so there was always water in cabin which caused a foul smell in second day.
WiFi also doesn’t work at times and no WiFi at roof top restaurant at all
Our room was below restaurant and was quite noisy with chairs moving from early morning to late evening (usually I am not a light sleeper)
Having said that, pool is really nice, room was cleaned nicely and staff is always trying their best. Rooms are nicely decorated with beautiful Zanzibar doors.
Location wise it is ok but there are plenty of hotels with a better view and location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hakan E

Dear Hekan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us why our service failed to meet your expectations

We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible.

I understand your disappointment, on the area which you mentioned; I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in our company by solving this problem and preventing it from happening again.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.